Topic: My story
View Single Post
December 30th, 2013, 05:47 PM
gwise gwise is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 90
A week ago on December 23rd I gave birth to my third child Yuri Xavier Koewers. I went into the hospital on December 20th because I hadn't felt him move in a day and a half. I woke up that morning thinking that he most have moved yesterday but I was so busy working a 10 hour shift at work that I hadn't noticed. He never really moved around much while I was at work so I thought that must be it. I ate breakfast thinking that would stir things up but still nothing happened. So I went to work still hopeful that he would move and had just been drowsy before. By my first break he still hadn't moved and I noticed that my stomach was sitting much lower than it had before. So I called my midwife and she advised that I should head to the hospital. I told my fiance what was going on and we drove to the hospital.

When we got there I was hooked up to the machines and there was no heartbeat. So my doctor tried an ultrasound and he was gone. My fiance and I are devastated. Yuri was supposed to be the baby that I finally got to have naturally at home. I'd had a full anatomy ultrasound not even 2 weeks before and everything appeared normal except for the cord had 2 vessels instead of 3 and he was measuring slightly smaller than he should of.

Five days before this I'd stayed home from work because I wasn't feeling well. I ended up cleaning most of the house pretty thoroughly. I thought I was nesting but I thought it was because I had just reached the third trimester. Yuri Xavier was 27 weeks and 5 days when he passed away.

The first time they tried to induce me it failed. My body apparently does not absorb Cytotec very well and I wasn't responding to Pitocin expect with painful contractions that went nowhere. The next day I took Cytotec orally and this started labor for me. My water was broken around 11 p.m. Yuri was born at 1:29 a.m. on December 23rd 7.5 hours after I was given a second dose of Cytotec. I was able to have a water birth after 2 c-sections and if the circumstances had been different it would have been an amazing birth.

He was beautiful and there was no obvious clues as to what happened. Yuri, the placenta, and the cord all looked fine. We can only assume at this point it was a genetic issue or something I was exposed to at work. I was working 50 hours a week in a factory. I have an appointment in a week and the test results should be back then.

Reply With Quote