Topic: nursing mamas
View Single Post
April 18th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Our nursing relationship is good just the way it is right now! I think for me it's just so much easier to feed him whenever than to have to worry about him getting enough to eat. He has times still when he's teething that he won't do anything but nurse.
The night nursing is still frustrating at times. I would love to be done with that. But it is what it is. At least it's probably helping me not have a period. We're done having children.

I wish you well on your desire for more! Hope you can figure out how to get your cycle back without having to totally wean your little girl.

BTW Lola...I don't see a problem with using a bottle vs. sippy cup at this point. Maybe when he's more like 18 months or so, you might try to get him switched over to a sippy. But at this point, I wouldn't stress it.

As far as the weaning thing...I dunno because I had to do cold turkey with my older one. I just pumped whenever it got too uncomfortable. I did it pretty slow, and I think it was a few weeks before I was all the way dried up. You could definitely do it faster...the less you pump or hand express, the faster it goes. I think dropping one feeding at a time is a great way to go about it.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12