Topic: My trip!
View Single Post
April 30th, 2014, 04:39 AM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar
Shufu_in_Shunan Shufu_in_Shunan is offline
Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Japan
Posts: 573
I just wanted to write a quick update! Kaeldra and I have been back from our trip to Washington for a week now, but we both caught colds, so we've been recovering from that. Anyway, traveling with her went pretty well. We had two flights each way-- one which was about 10 hours and one which was about an hour and a half. Our total travel time each way was about 18 hours, including the layovers and some extra travel by bus/car/train.

There were a few stressful moments along the way, but most of them had nothing to do with Kaeldra. We were in the bulkhead seats for the 10 hour flights and had the seat next to us empty both ways, which made things a lot nicer-- more private for nursing and I was also able to use the tray on the other seat to eat my meals. There were two other babies on one of the 10 hour flights and I think Kaeldra was the quietest of all of them. One of the passengers even told me after the flight that she did amazingly well and he didn't hear her at all.

She gave me a pretty hard time on the short flight back home because she was exhausted by that point (that flight was actually changed and pushed back at the last minute and we had to take a bus to a different airport...because our original plane said they didn't have room for my cat...even though I reserved months in advance and even called two days before the flight to double check and make sure everything was okay...argh!) On the new flight, I was seated between two business men and Kaeldra kept trying to grab their suits and throwing things in their laps. And then she cried the other half of the time. Thank goodness that was one of the short flights.

Kaeldra met a ton of people! Grandparents, great grandparents, aunts, uncles, great aunts, cousins, etc. It was actually sort of a stressful trip overall because so many people all over the state wanted to meet her. I think next time I visit I won't be so ambitious in getting to see everyone.

It was good to see my family, though. And now I have my cat with me. We also threw her a small early birthday party so that our relatives could celebrate. We made her a "smush cake," but she didn't like being messy, so it wasn't a big hit with her, haha.

Oh, she also got her first two teeth in while we were there! The first one came in about the day before we left, then the second one came in a few days later. In other news, she is now handing things to me if I hold my hand out and ask her for them. It's so cute!

That's about all I can think of. My husband's parents are coming to visit us in a couple weeks, so that should be fun. I hope everyone has been doing well!

P.S. Baby jet lag is a terrible thing.

Reply With Quote