View Single Post
June 25th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Super Mommy
I tend to agree with GreyEyedGirl. I don't think getting a kitten now would be harmful to your health, but there are a lot of other things to think about.

Have you had cats before? I've only had one, and while he was much easier to care for than our dog, he could still be quite a PITA. Especially as a kitten -- he'd be spazzing all over the house in the middle of the night. His sharp-***** claws would scrape the crap out of us (they'd even poke through our clothes and sheets in bed). The litter messes, the yucky food... bleh. Oh, and our cat needed free reign of the entire house, so we had to sleep with our bedroom door propped open. Otherwise he'd sit and bang/paw at it to get in/out. Thankfully he never seemed to care much about being in DD's room because you have to keep their door shut. I read too many stories about kitties jumping in bed with babies and suffocating them.

I don't know. It's a totally personal decision but I don't think it'd be too bad of an idea to wait a bit. If it were your first child, I'd say definitely wait because you likely couldn't care less about pets once you have your baby. But since you have one and still want a kitty, maybe you really do.

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29