Topic: your DH
View Single Post
October 19th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH originally said (repeatedly) that he wanted the whole normal birth experience, that he wanted to be nervously pacing the halls of a hospital and holding my hands through contractions. To which I respond, you want me lying there screaming that I hate you, cause I can do that here and now.

He read some research papers I had printed out, he read all the stats and said I'm nervous about it but if it's what you want I'll support you. That was 15 weeks ago. Since then he has turned into a total homebirth warrior, I love it. He defends our decision to his family and tries to educate everyone on why we chose the way we did. Sometimes it turns out to be really great other times... Well it turns out not so great, but he's come a long way and I'm proud of him!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler