View Single Post
October 20th, 2006, 08:15 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar
ShawnaCAN ShawnaCAN is offline
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 11,397
In Alberta, we have to fill out a Registration of Live Birth form. If the attending Midwife is registered in Alberta, she signs it all and it gets processed no problem.

If the homebirth is unassisted or the midwife is not registered, it's a big tougher. Our midwife is from Montana, so we also required a letter from my family physician to verify that yes I was pregnant, yes I delivered a live baby. He does all my prenatal care, so he had no problem writing that letter for me.

When it's unassisted, you require additional "witnesses" and may have to submit other evidence to prove you were pregnant and gave birth to a live baby.
Reply With Quote