View Single Post
January 24th, 2007, 09:47 PM
kistal1027's Avatar
kistal1027 kistal1027 is offline
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 5,435
I believe the correct term for this is a Clipping Mask...It's basicaly grouping two layers but only the clipped layer shows where it meets the base layer...


First open a new blank file

Create a new layer and add your photo to it

Type your text on top of the photo. A fat bold text works the best.

If it's not already, move your text layer under the photo layer

Make sure the photo layer is active and hit Ctrl+G to make the layer a Clipping Mask

You can then resize the text or move the text layer to capture the part of the photo you want to show through.

My Blog

Forever missing our Angels: 7/05 & 5/08
Reply With Quote