View Single Post
March 7th, 2007, 05:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wednesday 3-7-07 14w

My water broke at 7:00am. I woke up to contractions at 6:30am. Here we go!!!! Finally.

11:00....well I passed the first huge blob of something. Not sure what it was??? There must be something wrong with me.... I never thought I could laugh at what came out of my body. I told Dave it looks like a science experiment gone wrong. I have been laying on the bathroom floor with my electric blanket and tons of pillows. I was really comfy and even slept for a while. I decided I should put the strainer on the toilet and see if I could get the real clotting to start. So far it was just watery blood. I think with the strainer there I could finally relax my body knowing the baby can't go down the toilet. Well it worked. I feel 100% better at the moment. I know the feeling won't last so I will enjoy it for the moment.

I am starving so Dave is making eggs and toast. I hope I don't regret eating right now, but my stomach is growling.

I am typing this on Thursday, but in this post so it makes sense......
1:45pm I was talking on the phone and felt a clot. I got up to go into the bathroom. I did what I had to do and on my way back to my room I made it half way and passed out cold. It scared the heck out of me. I went and laid down on my bed.

2:45pm Figured I should try and get more clots out, got off the bed and made it 5 feet. Passed out cold again. Dave said both times my eyes rolled back in my head and I was down. REALLY SCARRY. I was bleeding all over my clothes, the floor and managed to get blood on the walls and carpet.

After that I just laid next to the toilet on blankets and towels. I could make it from there to the toilet for all of 5 seconds and had to be put on the floor again.

The heavy clotting lasted until around 9:00pm. Somewhere around that time I called my dr's office. I didn't tell him that I passed out. I told him I was lightheaded and dizzy. I 100% believe I should have been in the ER last night, but I don't want them to take my baby. The thing is though, they say if you fill more than a pad per hour.... well, I only went through about 10 at the point, but it was clear the loss was in the clotting, not the actual blood.

One thing that I kept thinking is this really doesn't hurt. 2-3 on a scale of 1-10. The contractions feel like gas pains. I didn't realize just how bad of shape I was in.

We went to sleep at 12:00. No sign of the baby yet.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon.
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.