Topic: Nola Michelle
View Single Post
June 13th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar
Kelllilee Kelllilee is offline
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 13,080
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee

8lbs 10oz

The morning of June 11th, I started leaking. Everytime I walked, stood up, etc, I'd leak a little. It wasn't much and I couldn't identify whether it was pee or my waters. So I slapped on a pad and waited. Finally Monday night, I went in to my MW's office. She checked me and said she could still feel the membrane over the baby's head, so she didn't think my water had broken. I asked about doing the paper test and they couldn't since they had already used goo during the exam. So they sent me home. Continued to leak all of Tuesday as well, I'm guessing I sprung a leak up high or to the side or something.

Wednesday, I woke up about 1am with bad pains. I wasn't really sure they were contractions as I've been really constipated for the last few days (TMI, sorry!) and thought they were just cramps from that. Finally around 3 after not being able to go back to sleep I realized that cramps wouldn't be coming at regular intervals so I got up and started timing them.

They were only about 3-5 minutes apart. The really bad ones were about 5 with some minor baby ones in between. So I kinda thought it might be the real thing. About 4 I tried to check myself and even though I could reach my cervix, I couldn't find the edges to determine how dilated I was, but I figured if I couldn't feel the edges then I had to be more dilated than I was yesterday!

about 4:30 I woke DH up and told him that we were probably gonna have our baby this morning. Called my mom (who I found out later had only gone to be an hour earlier!) and had her start over. Then called the midwife. She told me I could stay home a while longer or meet her at the birth center, whichever I wanted to do. So I told her I'd meet her at 5:30 cause I really REALLY wanted to get into the tub. All my pains were in my lower back and with every contraction I felt like my back was on fire! OWIE!!

Got over to the birth center about 5:40 and got checked. I was already at 6cm, 90% effaced and -1 station, so we were definitely having the baby! Just as she checked me my contractions picked up to about 3 minutes apart, so she went and filled the tub.

finally about 6:15ish I was able to get in and it felt sooooooo good! Much better than land-labor! After being in the tub for about 45 minutes the contractions really picked up, with only a minute in between (if that) and so strong I was panting really hard to get through them. Around this time I started feeling a TON of pressure and almost felt like pushing, but I knew my body would kick in and let me know when it was truly time to push.

7:25, DH and I were alone in the birthing room when he looked down and got this freaked out look on his face and said "Umm, there's something coming out! Should I get someone?" haha, so he went and told them. (we're pretty sure what he saw was pieces of the sac, although I never felt it break) The midwife checked me and said I was mostly complete but had a little lip of cervix left. She suggested I get on all fours to help it move.

well, the SECOND I moved to all fours my body started pushing. She hurridly checked to make sure the lip was out of the way (it was) and in less than a minute Nola was out. She pushed her between my legs and I pulled her up out of the water and sat back to hold her.

Little Nola was so purple! she did NOT want to cry at all. We barely got a single yell from her. All she wanted to do was nuzzle into my chest and cuddle . But she eventually pinked up. The placenta came within 5 minutes so there wasn't time to get out of the tub like they usually have you do, but oh well. Everything was great though, I had one teeny tiny tear that wasn't even worth a stitch and other than that, everything is just perfect!

DH got to paint a heart to put on the "baby wall" at the center and we were home by 10:30! Feeling good, Nola is pretty good at nursing so far. She has a little difficulty latching just right so far, but she's getting the hang of it. All she's done since is sleep!
Kellisa, Mama to:
Courtney, Nola, Kya, Whitney, and baby girl #5 coming soon!

Last edited by Kelllilee; March 29th, 2010 at 06:54 PM.
Reply With Quote