View Single Post
June 25th, 2007, 01:13 PM
~~~Sara~~~'s Avatar
~~~Sara~~~ ~~~Sara~~~ is offline
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: So. California
Posts: 5,770
I am not 100% sure if we are going to have the amnio. Basically we have the genertic counseling first, then an ultrasound. Based on the results of those two items, we will decide if we want the amnio.

I know to some people they would say why take ANY risk, but the risk of harm to the baby is .06% or less, so it may be something we opt to do, so that we can be prepared for what lies ahead. The only catch is we will likely have the amnio done the same day as all the other stuff so hubby and I will have prepared basically what we want to do and then see if it feels right that day. Also the Dr. performing the amnio is one of the best in the state where we live and he does a lot of them so I will also ask him what his incidence of complications that he has seen. It's my understanding the higher skilled person you have doing the amnio, the less incidence of complications.

I love this little boy already with all my heart and I have to beleive that this positive test was a fluke thing, we don't have a single risk factor or family history. But I also know we have to go though a few more tests to hopefully prove me right.

Thanks everyone!

Reply With Quote