View Single Post
July 12th, 2007, 11:16 PM
MrsPil's Avatar
MrsPil MrsPil is offline
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Quad Cities
Posts: 1,305
Chelci I am a UP mama, I saw a doctor when I started feeling like I was having complications (I had intestinal irritation caused by acute fluoriosis or water poisoning, still not sure). There is nothing that a doctor does that is necessary that you can't find a way to figure out. Glucose/protein strips are available online and at a few pharmaceutical stores, you can take you blood pressure at Walmart, if you have a friend who's diabetic and you suspect that you have GD you can borrow a monitor and a strip and check your FBS.
If you have any questions about managing your own prenatal care feel free to PM me, there is a great UP/UC site and forums at with woman who can explain these things a thousand times better than I can (both Veganmama and Harvestgal migrated that way with their UCs).
I know that doesn't really answer what you asked but basically yes, it is a ploy, you can do it yourself, and we would love to help you!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

Reply With Quote