View Single Post
August 8th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
Hon, I have to tell you, I was SOOO sad to read your previous thread - I started at the bottom of the homebirth thread page and worked my way up, so I read THAT thread first, and BAWLED my eyes out to hear your upset and heart's cry! I am SO encouraged to hear you staking claim of your body and birth, making the difficultly honest statement that you DON'T WANT IT!

Lala posted in the other thread about legality and cesarean's. You know that they CANNOT force another cesarean on you. You don't need to lie to get a vaginal birth either!!! It is not an easy battle, but you CAN win. Call ICAN and get ahold of the nearest support person for you. Perhaps she would even attend your birth to help be your advocate??? Legally, they cannot get a court order to force you to have a cesarean. If there is no medically indicative reason except previous Cs, they cannot make you go under the knife.

If they schedule you for a cesarean, just don't show up. Go in when you are heavy into labor and refuse the cesarean then. OR, choose a homebirth with a good support circle, either unassisted or with a low-cost midwife. If you do unassisted and are worried about the 'what ifs' consider having a doula there who would be able to identify any complications in enough time to finish at the hospital. There are so many options for you.

Remember this empowering thought: God did not make your body a lemon!!! You CAN have a baby through your own bodies power, you DO have choices, and you CAN choose to fight this! It is a hard battle but a worthy one!!!

Let me know if I can be of help to you, feel free to pm me or go to my blog and get my email off of it!

Bellies & Babies Blogger