Topic: help
View Single Post
August 24th, 2007, 09:48 PM
monkey71786's Avatar
monkey71786 monkey71786 is offline
Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Haltom City
Posts: 519
I know that in the state of Texas, they changed the law. That no matter how much you make you do qualify for Medicaid. They changed that law about a year and a half ago when i got pregnant with my son. They were about to tell me that i didn't qualify...but i got lucky because the day before the new law went into effect. I think that many states are like that now. As long as you are pregnant they can't deniy you. The only thing is that you need to find some sort of planed parenthood because you have to show a letter stating that you are pregnant to the medicaid office (that is what i had to do for my son and daughter. I was on it with both of my kids.) Also you can try googling for your deparntment of health services and there should be a number you can call. Also see if you have a toll free number that you can call for information. I know that here in texas all we have to do is call 211 and they give us information on wic, medicaid, daycare assistants, etc. Good luck and i hope you find out the information that you need.

Reply With Quote