View Single Post
September 9th, 2007, 07:29 PM
lblackst's Avatar
lblackst lblackst is offline
Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: TR, SC
Posts: 874
Of course it's ok to post, and yes you're in the right place. I don't know the answer, but I'm sure someone will. Google your state's child services department (each state calls it something different, so just look for social services, child services, foster care, and stuff like that. It'll get you on the right track.) You can also consult an adoption lawyer.[/b]
The options in a situation like this really depend on the laws of your particular state. I would definitely advise your roommate's boyfriend to contact an attorney who specializes in adoption. I wish them the best, that sounds like a difficult situation to be in. And you're welcome to post any time!
These are good suggestions. Options do depend on particular state. Usually a child's requests under the age of 12 aren't taken as much into consideration as a child 12 and older.
<div align="center"></div>

<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Verdana">“The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.” </div></span>
Reply With Quote