JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Corbin James? (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/874235-corbin-james.html)

gvsu_chic January 7th, 2008 05:00 PM

What do you all think of Corbin James? Personally it's not my favorite but DH LOVES it so I said I'd consider it. I like the CJ initials but am not set on Corbin yet. wdyt? Thanks!

Acadia January 7th, 2008 05:14 PM

I think it's okay. It doesn't really rock my socks but apparently your DH feels more strongly!

I would look for other options before committing to it, since you don't love it. You might grow to love it during your search, or you could end up stumbling across another name you both love.

BrownEyedGirl January 7th, 2008 05:14 PM

Corbin is a nice name but the sound is a little awkward to my ears. CJ would make a cute nickname if you're not totally loving Corbin. But, it should be a name you both like so maybe you can compromise and use it as a middle name?

Melanie. January 7th, 2008 07:03 PM

I like Corbin and I love James.

Corbin means Raven, so beware if your last name is a bird. :lol:

irishxrose January 7th, 2008 07:56 PM

I love the name Corbin, and I like James, but if you're not set on it try looking for other options. :smile:

melaniebabyy January 7th, 2008 08:33 PM

I love Corbin.. James is okay. Look for other options and see if there's one you both like more!

Miracle January 7th, 2008 10:18 PM

I like Corbin. It's a good name. Strong and unique.

Jlynn January 8th, 2008 12:18 AM

Corbin Thomas is on our top list. It's from the Bible...Thats part of the reason why i love it!!
I like Corbin James alot!

mamalovesdaddyxo January 8th, 2008 06:13 AM

Eh...I personally dont like it, but its completely up to you in the long run! I have a friend named Cobden..So Corbin is definitely different and more unique :smile:

MamaBx3 January 8th, 2008 07:53 AM

I think it flows nicely ..

If you don't love it, don't use it !

gvsu_chic January 8th, 2008 08:25 AM

THanks for all the responses! I also think it's a cute name I'm just not sure I LOVE it. DH is definitely open to other options it's just his favorite. I'm only at 7 weeks so we're a long ways away from knowing if it's a boy or girl anyway. I just wanted to get your feedback. Thanks!

Jeb-O January 8th, 2008 02:05 PM

I think it flows nicely, it's NMS, but sounds like your Dh really loves it!

Lash January 8th, 2008 03:38 PM

Quote:

I love the name Corbin, and I like James, but if you're not set on it try looking for other options. :smile:[/b]
ditto

carlyheartsphil January 8th, 2008 04:01 PM

I think Corbin is ok, i like James... I love the nickname CJ and you could also call him Corey for short . I would try to find something you both love though, and if you grow to love it then go for it, it flows nicely!

Heather1628 January 11th, 2008 05:13 PM

It my nephews name so I love it :wub: I just couldnt see him not being Corbin KWIM. I also love James its my dads middle name so if I have a son that will be his middle name

ladyellise January 12th, 2008 05:54 AM

I love it, one of my favorites

beckii January 12th, 2008 07:41 AM

I like it! But if you dont LOVE it then I wouldnt settle it for it, find something that you can both agree on that you love!