JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Birth Stories (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f87-birth-stories/)
-   -   My birth stories (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f87-birth-stories/1303825-my-birth-stories.html)

Londons Butterfly November 6th, 2008 12:57 PM

I love reading birth stories, so I thought that I would share mine for those of you that love to read them as well.

Micayla Eilleen
born November 1, 2001 @ 7:33 am
due November 11, 2001
6lbs 8oz

I was only 15 years old when I found out I was pregnant for the first time. I was scared and confused so I did what my doctor told me and had a healthy happy pregnancy. I continued to go to school full time, but I did spend most of my pregnancy on summer vacation. During my 20 week ultrasound I was told that I had an incompetant cervix and that I would need a cerclage put in. I didn't know what it was and had no idea what it meant, but I refused to get a cerclage. It was the only thing that I didn't do that my doctor recommended. By my 37th week of pregnancy my doctor was concerned that if I stayed pregnant for too long that my baby would get too big and cause me to have a c-section at only 16 years old. I was concerned and we discussed scheduling an induction date at my 38 week appointment. Needless to say I didn't make it to that appointment. Halloween night my boyfriend and I went trick or treating with my little brother. By the time I got home and went to bed I got a couple of hours of sleep before I couldn't sleep anymore. I was up from my bed to the couch, laying on the floor, sitting on the toilet, anything to keep comfortable. It wasn't for several hours that I finally realized that I was having contractions. It was about 4 in the morning before I had my boyfriend call his mom to come pick us up and take us to the hospital. I then paged my dad and called my mom to have them meet us at the hospital. My dad was at work, and my mom was at home (they are divorced). I woke up my brother and sister and told them to tell our dad where I was when he came home to get changed. They were upset that they didn't get to come to the hospital with me, but I didn't want them there, they were too young, and had school to go to in a few hours.
I got to the hospital around 5am and they quickly got me into a delivery room, I wasn't in much pain I don't remember anyway. It couldn't have been horrible. I did get an epidural though right after arriving. I was so scared of getting it, mostly because no one told me that they take the needle out of my back when they are done, and that it is just a tube type thing and perfectly safe to lay on. I puked into the tiny kidney shaped bucket that they have soon after my epidural. Then my doctor broke my water, and my daughter was born only 2 hours after arriving at the hospital. It was a fairly quick labor. The thing that sucked the most was that I couldn't move my legs for several hours after delivery since I had gotten the epidural so close to when she was born. I recovered in a room with another lady who had a csection, I was "lucky" to get the side of the room with the bathroom. I was released only 26 hours after having my daughter. My little Halloween baby.

Justin Tremain
born December 22, 2003 @ 2:07 am
due December 31, 2003
7lbs .08oz

This pregnancy was just as uneventful as my daughter's pregnancy. I was still going to school full time. This time though I married my son's father June of 2003. My daughter's father was history, but still took care of her occasionally. It was a very stressful year in 2003. I was seeing a military doctor now, because my husband is active duty Air Force. The care is somewhat different. Instead of only seeing 1 doctor throughout my entire pregnancy I saw many doctors. And I don't think I liked any of them. I loved my daughter's doctor. This time around there was no issues with an incompetant cervix, which only made me more sure about my decision before to not get the cerclage with my daughter's preganncy. I gained a lot more weight in this pregnancy (35 lbs compared to 25 lbs previously). But it was mostly because I had my husband to drive me to school in the mornings instead of me walking to school like I used to. I went to labor and delivery once in my pregnancy which required IV fluids because I was dehydrated. Other than that I didn't "cry wolf" anymore. On the 21st of December around 5pm I was talking to my husband about inducing labor by filling a prescription that my doctor had given me the week prior. It was a prescription for sex LOL. As we were discussing this I all of a sudden felt as if I had peed my pants. It was completely unexpected and made me think that my water had broken. So I called my labor and delivery and they told us to come in. I took my daughter to my neighbors house for her to wait for her grandpa to pick her up and 10 minutes later we were being checked for ruptured membranes at the hospital (we lived really close) and low and behold it was. I was so excited to finally be having my baby. It was kinda exciting because there was only 1 other lady giving birth at the time, and she was nearly done. She turned out to be one of my husband's ex girlfriends. LOL.
I wasn't progressing any after being put on the monitors for an hour after my arrival, so they had me walk around the hospital to get my contractions started. My husband and I walked for hours around the hospital, and it still did nearly nothing, so my doctor decided to start me on pitocin. It wasn't horrible, I was getting contractions, nothing too painful, but still had to be strapped to monitors on the bed. The epidural lady kept coming in and checking on me to see if I wanted mine yet (I had pre signed all the forms and knew I was getting one, so it wasn't bothersome that she kept checking, it was really nice of her). Around midnight or 1am my doctor decided to break my water, and as she was doing it the epidural lady came in and I told her I didn't need one yet, but as soon as my water was broken I screamed for her to come back because I got a really intense contraction and knew that they'd just get worse. So I got my epidural and it worked right away. I did puke all over the nurses because they didn't get me a bucket quick enough. They were really nice about it, I kept appologizing to them but I'm sure they understood. Soon after that I was pushing and my son was born at 2:07 am on the 22nd of December. I was released 30 hours after I had him. My little Christmas baby.

I am now 37 weeks and 3 days pregnant with my 3rd child. This pregnancy has been completely opposite of my other 2. But I am no longer in school anymore (I did graduate in 2004). I am so looking forward to the labor and delivery of this child. I can't wait to share that birth story as well. This time around I'm delivering at a birthing center at my air force base in Italy. I had my previous children in Las Vegas. My daughter at Sunrise Hospital and my son at the Military Facility at Nellis AFB. I'm hoping to go this time around without an epidural, but I won't be disappointed in myself if I can't do it.

Thanks for reading, I hope that you enjoyed.

Londons Butterfly January 4th, 2011 02:48 PM

Re: My birth stories
I'm adding the birth story of my son Alan Dean onto here since I forgot to before.

Alan Dean
born November 27, 2008 (Thanksgiving day) @ 2:11 pm
due November 25, 2008
7 lbs 14 oz and 20" long

Wednesday November 26th (2008) I was lounging on my bed reading the 3rd book in the Twilight series at around 11pm when all of a sudden it felt like I peed my pants. I thought great just what I need. So I got up and went to the bathroom to change myself and put on a pad. I went to lay back down and read some more. Every time that I moved though I felt like I was peeing again, so I assumed that my water broke, but I wasnít going back to Labor and Delivery again without being sure. So I went to sleep just to wake up at 2am to a soaking wet pad. I changed it again, and went downstairs to tell my husband that he needed to get some sleep because we would be leaving for Labor and Delivery either at 7am or when my contractions get strong (they never happened).

So I went back to bed because I knew it was going to be a long night and I would need as much sleep as possible. Every time that I turned over I leaked some more so I definitely knew it was time. But I was able to sleep until about 7:30am. I got up and got my kids up and dressed and told my husband that he needed to get up and get ready. Itís the quickest Iíve ever seen him wake up, Iím glad I told him to get some sleep (he didnít get much though). I called my neighbors to let them know it was time. My next door neighbor came over to pick up my son Justin and I went to drop off my daughter Micayla at my other neighborís house around the corner. My husband picked me up from my neighborís house and we headed to Labor and Delivery (after calling them of course).

We got there some time after 8 and they checked to make sure that my water had really broken. When they didnít come back to give me the verdict, I figured that it really had and I was there to stay. Dr. Allen came in to check me and I was at a 4 and 80% effaced. Since I hadnít had any contractions since my water had broken he let me know that I would be getting some pitocin. They called the epidural lady to come and give me mine. I knew that I would want one eventually so I was glad that they said something since it was an off day and nearly everyone was at home tending to Thanksgiving dinner. I was worried about getting an epidural without actually being in pain. And I was right to worry, getting the epidural hurt like hell. She had to do it twice and I could feel her scraping the bones in my back. At 10:15am she was finally done, and I was starting to feel my legs go numb.

I was left alone to labor for a few hours. At 1:10pm all of a sudden the nurse came in and told me that Alanís heart rate was dipping a bit and that they wanted me to lie on my side. They also put an oxygen mask on me to get the air flowing, that was weird Iíve never had one of those before. During that time I had sent my husband home because I forgot to put the memory card back into the camera, so it was pretty pointless to have the camera unless we had the memory card. Plus he was hungry so he went to eat as well. After the fun of trying to get my dead legs to change positions they decided to check me again, I was 8cm and completely effaced. I called my husband at 1:35 and told him he could hang around the house for about 15 minutes but then he needed to get back home, the doctor expected me to start pushing by 3pm. But I was feeling like it was going to be a lot sooner. In fact I called my husband back 5 minutes later and told him to start driving NOW.

When they checked me the nurse decided that they needed to turn down my epidural so that my legs could get some feeling back before I delivered. I started to feel like Alanís head was moving down on its own. I started to breath to try to keep my body from pushing him out because he was close, I kept hitting the call button but no one was coming I was about to start yelling for a nurse. My husband got back to the hospital around 1:45-1:50 just in time for him to see that I was starting to do practice pushes with the nurse that finally showed up.

While pushing my doctor was getting ready and I was doing great, his head was moving down quickly. My husband is such a sweet guy, he just had to comment on how I pooíd during delivery as it was happening; I guess he thought it was pretty funny. I didnít push long because my beautiful baby boy was put onto my belly at 2:11pm. He came out crying it was just the most beautiful sound in the world. Soon afterwards I was handed the scissors to cut his umbilical cord. It was an interesting experience that I was glad that I wanted to participate in. As soon as that was done they took him to the warmer to do his Apgar test which was an 8 and 9. Alan had swallowed some amniotic fluid on his way out so they had to suction him really well to make sure that he wasnít all gurgley.

20 minutes after he was born I called my neighbors who were watching my older kids to let my kids know that they had a little brother. That is when we told them his name, since we hadnít told anyone his name yet, I thought it would be nice for them to be the first to know. They were both thrilled. As I was on the phone they handed him to me and I just started crying. He was so small and so perfect. He weighed a beautiful 7lbs and 14oz, and was 20Ē long. I couldnít believe that he was nearly 8lbs. I thought that he would be smaller than that. He didnít get his first bath until 5:30pm and his big brother got to be there to watch it.

Apparently the nurses were starting to get concerned for me. I guess that I was losing a lot of blood so they had to give me more pitocin in my IV line and have my doctor come back to the hospital to do a sweep of my uterus. Thank goodness I was still mostly numb down there. They had to put the catheter back in and left it there until 8am the next morning. I had to keep my IV in as well, which sucked just as much. So if I ever chose to get pregnant again, I have to tell my doctor that I got a postpartum hemorrhage with this delivery. How fun. I finally got some use of my feet around 7pm, but wasnít completely out of bed until 10pm.

My back hurts like hell and my legs are all kinds of sore, but other than that Iíve been great. I got to leave around 26 hours after having my little Alan. I was more than happy to get out of there before they decided to give me another catheter. Alan is such a beautiful and quiet baby. He hardly cries at all. He breastfeeds amazingly, I canít believe how much he eats already, 15 minutes on both sides every 2-3 hours. I should get my milk in any time now. We have to go back to labor and delivery for a weight check on Sunday. Alan got circumcised Friday morning and is healing well. Daddy wonít go near the diaper until the little ring falls off, but thatís ok with me, I donít blame him for not wanting to see his baby boy like that.

Weíre home now with 2 incredibly loving and curious older siblings. His sister and brother are in love and canít keep their eyes (and hands) off of him. Iím so glad to be home with my little man.

Londons Butterfly August 7th, 2012 10:23 PM

Re: My birth stories
Baby #4 (not born on or near a holiday :D)

Evan Alexander Michael
born July 25, 2012 @ 10:23 am
due August 5, 2012
7 lbs 13.9 oz and 19" long

At my 38 week appointment I was 2 centimeters dilated, my doctor anticipated me to go intolabor before my next appointment, Tuesday July 24th; he in fact said something about inducing me the following Wednesday if I miraculously did make it to 39weeks. I believed him in a way because I'd been having contractions every night for several weeks. These contractions would usually start after 3 in the afternoon and last through most of the night. On Tuesday July 23nd my contractions started around 11am instead, and Monday July 24th they started around 8am, right before my last appointment. At my appointment I was checked, 3 centimeters and finally some effacement. We decided to schedule my induction for 5am Wednesday morning.

Now, I know I probably said something somewhere about going into labor naturally when my body and baby are ready. But having contractions for about 3 weeks and my husband who has no patience whatsoever asking me every day several times a day when I'm going to have the baby, I was done. I had faith in my body to be able to handle being induced, since with my previous two pregnancies I ended up on pitocin regardless of going into labor on my own. So my husband went back to work letting his coworkers know that we were in fact having a baby on Wednesday (as we'd already assumed from my previous appointment). My husband was even able to ask his friend if his mom who had just came into town would watch the kids for us while I was at the hospital. It was hard to fall asleep Tuesday night but I did get several hours of good hard sleep before waking up around 430 in the morning. My induction had been moved to 6am, so I got everything in the van and make up on ready to go.

I drove to the hospital, I very much dislike my husband's driving . By the time we got up to labor and delivery we were a couple minutes late, mostly because my husband was chit chatting withour baby sitter. But the nurses were expecting me and had room 6 ready for me, right in front of the nurses station. I got hooked up to the monitors and an IV put in around 640 in the morning. I was having several good contractions on the monitor, and had asked the nurse if they were contractions just to be sure they were. Specifically because it was the same feeling I'd been feeling for the last 3 weeks, which meant that I had been contracting pretty regularly on my own and that my body is not completely dumb. The pitocin was started around 710am, my doctor wanted it started at 7am, but there was a problem with the pump and some things needed to be changed. The pump was set to start at 2 and increase by 2 every 15 minutes. One of the nurses who was taking my information got pissy at me because I had eaten a bowl of cereal for breakfast before coming in. Apparently I wasn'tsupposed to eat anything after midnight, just in case I puke on them. Whatever, no one told me not to. And I always puke during transition, whether my stomach be full or not.

I had been laboring at home all night, so from my appointment Tuesday morning I was 3cm dilated. Wednesday morning I was 3 1/2 before anything was started. At 750am I was 4cm just before my doctor broke my water, and immediately after flooding the entire bed lol, I moved to 5cm. He then went on to say that I should be pushing by about 930am. Ofcourse, he'd also predicted I'd not make it to my 39 week appointment, and when I did he predicted I wouldn't make it to my scheduled induction. So far he's 0 for 2. The nurse and my doctor called the anesthesiologist right after breaking my water. I told them I wanted to wait as long as I could before getting it, and was just not ready yet. But they were concerned about me wanting it and it being too late to get it. So I let them call him in and I was going to refuse when he got there, but I had a few contractions that made me cry a bit (still for me a manageable pain), so I went ahead with it. I cried the whole time, but stayed relaxed so that he could get in and get out and be gone. The anesthesiologist was super sweet, I had told him about my previous experience and how I could feel the lady scraping the bones in my back and being stuck a ton of times. The epidural was done around 825am.

My husband who'd been here the whole time (off and on, he'd run out to smoke every little bit) was playing on my iPod and making dumb jokes. It's a good thing I didn't want him there as a support person because he would have failed. He had only one job, to record the birth for me.

Anywho, the epidural was in and I was so super itchy, but the anesthesiologist insisted that I would be delivering soon and could not give me Benadryl because we didn't want the baby to be all sleepy coming out. He showed me the tiny little needle he stuck in my back and insisted that if I could get my tongue pierced then that tiny needle was nothing. No, just that I'm not at risk of being paralyzed when they stick the needle in my tongue, but thanks for trying tomake me feel better . I could still feel the contractions, but they weren't painful. I decided I wanted to go to sleep, my eyes were so heavy and I could barely keep them open, I just wanted to sleep. But I was so itchy, everything itched, I couldn't stop scratching and had to remind myself not to scratch but to rub instead. It was awful.

I was checked againat 9am and was 6cm dilated and 75% effaced. Then checked again at 936am and 8cm dilated. I was told to let them know if I started to feel pressure or the urge to push. I wasn't feeling any of it, but watching Evan's heart decel during a few contractions, I knew he was moving down. The reason for the frequent checks. At 1005am I was 9 1/2 cm dilated and the nurse decided it was time to call in my doctor who came in quickly and kinda snapped at my nurse about getting me cleaned up, ie wipe that gross brown stuff all over my private areas I had requested a mirror so that Icould watch everything, it is pretty awesome to see yourself progress. My husband had the video recording and was positioned to get the good shots lol. I was told around 1012am or so that we would push with my next contraction, well that didn't happen for a while, so we sat there talking about how big we think he was and how long it would take for me to get him out. Well I said it wouldn't take long because Ionly pushed for 20 minutes with my last delivery. But I knew it would be even less than that because as we were waiting for the contraction to start I could see my lower lady regions bulging, he was making his own way out.

So eventually I push and the doctor and nurse count to about 4 and tell me to stop. I look in the mirror and his head was already out, I was astonished. My doctor unwrapped the cord from his neck once then told me to give a slight push and he was all the way out. Evan was born at1023am. My husband and I had barely figured out his middle name just before he was born. The doctor placed him on my chest and handed me the scissors so that I could cut the cord. He had asked me earlier if I was sure my husband didn't want to do it and my husband and I both agreed that I would do it because my husband finds it gross (he finds the whole birth thing gross). Evan's cord, at least to me, seemed a lot easier to cut than Alan's cord did. But it could just be because I knew what to expect this time around.

Evan was taken over to the warmer and cleaned up a bit, he peed all over everything, just kept going and going. There ended up being a couple of small puddles on the floor and several receiving blankets were soaked. I had to remind my husband to go over there to take pictures. It was sweet though, he was talking to him a little bit, my poor husband just doesn't know what to do with newborns. Eventually he was weighed and measured. He was 7lbs 13.9oz and 19" long. My doctor was checking me and commented that there were no rips, tears,skid marks, or anything to do with me after delivering the placenta, which was intact and perfect. I didn't even bleed excessively which is something that I was worried about. I found out later, on the discharge paperwork, that Evan's APGARs were 9 and 9.

Finally Evan was brought to me and he latched on so quick and so perfectly that I knew breastfeeding was going to be a breeze with him. They didn't turn off my epidural until after I delivered the placenta which pissed me off because ittook over 4 hours for me to be able to get out of bed to use the toilet andeven then my legs were super wobbly. After using the toilet though I got to graduate to moving to the postpartum rooms upstairs. When I was recovering my husband ran off to get the kids and lunch. All I wanted to do was eat, I was starving. So I got to eat Burger King while waiting to feel my legs. The kids absolutely loved their baby brother, though Alan wasn't very interested in the baby. He was morei nterested in all the wires coming out of me and the bed that moved. The nurse took my IV out as soon as I told them I wanted to get up to use the toilet, even though that attempt was a fail.

After being taken upstairs my husband and the kids left to go home. I got to spend some serious alone time with my little man. The nurses told me to call them when I was ready to have him go up for his first bath. Yeah right, willingly call someone to take my baby from me. Eventually I did call them around 4pm, when the nurse came to pick him up I showed her how to work the cloth diaper. He was going to be put in a Lil Joey's and a t-shirt after his bath to have his pictures taken in.

It felt like forever before they brought him back to me. He slept and ate and pooped a few times. Then around 1am he decided it was time to be awake and I was struggling to keep my eyes open. Now in the hospital they don't want you sleeping with the baby in your bed, but he was awake and didn't want to be put down, and I wasn't sending him to the nursery,so I had a few tiny little catnaps while holding him. Making sure to keep an ear out for a nurse to knock on my door to check on us. Thankfully they hardly bothered us throughout the night. The did come in full charge at 5am taking blood from me and checking blood pressure and temperatures.

Evan's temporary pediatrician gave him a perfect bill of health and said he'd get the paperwork ready for him to be released after his circumcision. I was just waiting on my doctor to give me a good bill of health and do the circumcision. Which finally happened around 11am, he thought it was good timing because Evan hadn't eaten since 830am and he could eat once he got back tome. I had to call the nurses to have them bring him back after an hour or so, I thought they would bring him right back but I'm pretty sure they just hung on to him for a little while. My husband came back while I was waiting, he brought our youngest son and my daughter in with him. I told him not to come until I got a time that we were being released. So he stuck around the hospital for like 4 hours, complaining the whole time about still being there. I told him to leave and that I'd call him when we were ready to go. Finally around 4pm we were discharged, there were a bunch of ladies being discharged at the same time, and a bunch of ladies laboring downstairs so rooms had to be readied upstairs for them.

We stopped at the commissary on the way home to get toilet paper and stuff to make dinner. Then we were finally home at 5pm. It was so nice to be home. I was exhausted and starving and Evan was perfect.

Friday we went to the BX to get my pain medication filled since after birth pains for this babyis equivalent to the contractions I felt while on pitocin right before getting my epidural. Walking hurt so bad, I struggled with nearly every step, but there were not wheel chairs available so I had to push through it. I had Evan in the baby k'tan which is AMAZING, I even nursed him in it which was easy. Most people didn't even notice he was there,and some of them I can see pointing at me and making that "aww it's a baby" face.

We're doing well now, Evan is nursing still like a champ. My milk came in only after a couple of days, and ever since it did this boy wants a nipple in his mouth constantly. He loves the milk lol, and I'm pumping about 5oz a day, so I have a pretty good supply already. He cosleeps with me and my husband and my 3 1/2 year old. It's going well, I only have to roll my toddler over towards his dad a couple of times a night. He tries to snuggle me while he's sleeping but usually picks the time when Evan is on that side of the bed. I was taking Percocet and 2 ibuprofin 200mg tablets twice a day for pain as prescribed by my doctor, but didn't even need it for more than a couple of days and now have extra Percocet. I also took a stool softener (even though I had a tear free birth the stool softener is still very much needed, so don't forget to get those ladies) which I only took twice. The older kids are in love with him, Alan is still "ehh" about the baby. But I'm sure he'll grow to love him. My husband still doesn't know what to do with him, but every morning he'll roll over and talk to him while I'm using the bathroom. He didn't like to hold him because he's so little, but now he loves to cuddle his baby boy. Evan's umbilical cord finally fell off at 11 days old. We were on and off cloth diapering because the cord would rub on the diapers or it would get soaked because he's a super soaker (and pees straight up). And we are back in cloth now because the disposables leak so bad, and now I don't have to worry about the umbilical cord stump rubbing anymore.

Londons Butterfly May 14th, 2014 07:26 PM

Re: My birth stories
Baby #5

Scarlett Diane
born May 12th, 2014 @ 3:32pm
due May 26th, 2014
7lbs 11oz and 20" long

Saturday May 11th, Mother's Day, I noticed I was having some contractions and they were fairly regularly spaced. So I timed them for an hour and decided to call labor and delivery about it. My labors go fairly quick and this time I was GBS+ and needed antibiotics. The conversation with the nurse on the phone was funny, because I'm like, I don't know if I am in labor but I might be and I think I should probably stay home, but my husband wants me to come in and I sort of agree with him. So we talked about past labors and decided I should just go in and get monitored anyway. I was 37 weeks and 6 days pregnant at the time.

So we get all of our kids dressed and ready to go out. The last contraction I recorded was about 6:29pm, before I started getting kids in the van. My husband dropped me off at the front of the hospital so I could walk up to labor and delivery. I left him my cell phone and took the iPod so that I'd have a way to get a hold of him since he doesn't have a phone.

So I am put into LDR room 7, right next door to the room I was in when I delivered my last baby. I wasn't expecting to stay in for more than the typical two hours or so for monitoring. In fact my husband wasn't expecting more than that either because he sat in the parking lot watching movies in the van with the kids.At 7:22pm I was checked, 2cm and 60% effaced, the same as my appointment the Tuesday before. And then I was left alone to watch my contractions on the monitor and listen to my daughter's heart beat while miserably attached to a pulse ox finger thingy, blood pressure monitor, and the contraction/heart rate baby monitors. Woohoo, party time.

Around 9:30pm my nurse comes in with an arm full of saline bags and I'm like what?!? Apparently my contractions were 2-8 minutes apart, so they wanted to see if I'd change through the night.I had been iMessaging my husband on the iPod and let him know that I was staying the night. This is when he informed me that they had been in the parking lot the whole time, waiting, for me to be released. And my oldest two kids had school in the morning. Awesomesauce. They went home and I got an IV added to my list of wires. It only took the nurse one try to get it in, you know after she had to wiggle it a bit to actually hit the vein after getting the needle in. No major bruising though, so that's a plus.

Fast forward to just before 12am and I have a new nurse and we started talking about my antibiotics. We figured we would start a dose around 3am just in case my doctor does decide to keep me in the morning, that way we could just go rather than wait for medication. But my contractions started coming closer together, and they were getting a little more painful and we decided to start antibiotics at midnight instead. At 4am I got my second dose.

8am rolls around I have another nurse, and she is amazing, I absolutely loved this woman for the rest of the day, she was the best nurse I've ever had. My doctor came in and says that I may be in labor, I could contract irregularly like I am for hours and she was like, let's just keep you, breakyour water and get the show going. She checks me and I was at 3cm.Sweet. So I called my husband and let him know things were happening. Yay. And then the pitocin was started, only at a 2, where it stayed, for a long time. 8:15am I got my third dose of antibiotics. 9:04am baby girl has the hiccups, and it's super cute on the monitors lol.

9:25am my doctor comes in and breaks my water, I'm at 3 1/2 cm. Checks are painful, everything is still up high, baby's head not too high though -2 about. Fast forward, I'm feeling contractions, they aren't very regular still, but they are getting painful. I'm like I can totally do this, we are good, but I'm not allowed to get out of bed, stupid rules.I'm all for breaking them, but I was tired. A night in the hospital sucks. So around 11 something I ask for an epidural, the guy gets there sometime after that. Digging, stabbing, cursing, crying, most wonderful nurse in the world, snarky rude remarks from anesthetist, requests for longer spinal needle, complaining about not getting past bones, sharp pains, and "lightning" down my left leg.12/12:15pm my epidural is placed. And it doesn't work.At all.I hated this man. There was an intense sharp pain in my back like three inches down and an inch to the left of where he was digging. That pain is there still two days later, not as intense, but there. We waited for the drugs to work. And around 1:45pm a new anesthesiologist comes in and re-doses my line, nothing. So she re does it.By 2:15pm I'm numb and tingling. Sweet relief. The two contractions I had while she was redoing my epidural had me cursing and crying and clinging to my nurse. Finally, it was smooth sailing from there.

Oh, I was about 5cm at 2pm, before the second epidural was put in, I was checked because the contractions were causing some pressure.After the epidural I was at a 7/8 (2:23pm)! The room is being set up, the mirror brought in, I got my camera ready, I called my husband to let him know that once our kids got home from school to get them changed and head on over, that baby would be born soon. My awesome nurse left at 3pm :( but my next nurse was pretty good too. So I'm complete sometime around 3pm and we start pushing. My first contraction I get four 10 count pushes in. What the hell, it only took one push last time. But I'm so numb, I can't feel where I'm pushing, I know I'm not doing my best, and I can't breathe through my ****** nose so I'm having a hard time holding to 10. I push through two more contractions, three times each for those, and finally baby girl is born at 3:32pm May 12th. She was placed right on me, cleaned up, checked, everything. She didn't leave my side for 10 minutes before they asked if they could weigh her real quick. I cut her cord, it was massively thick. She was very well fed while in utero.

Scarlett weighed a whopping 7lbs 11oz at 38 weeks gestation, holy crap! Her brothers were just over that at 40 and 39 weeks gestation. She was also 20" long, about average for my baby's. She also has a full head of dark brown/black hair and dark blue eyes. I am so in love with this little girl.

My husband and the kids showed up about an hour after she was born and they are all in love, especially my 21 month old. He wants her to be his squishy. I was able to leave the hospital around 4pm the next day, thank goodness. Scarlett is perfect and things are weird caring for a girl after so many boys.I'm pretty sure my milk has come in because she's gulping pretty good during breast feeding. Which is going great, she's a natural.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright © 2003-2012 JustMommies.com, All Rights Reserved.