JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blended Families (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/)
-   -   Minor Christmas-related rant (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/2609410-minor-christmas-related-rant.html)

Keakie December 29th, 2012 10:49 AM

Minor Christmas-related rant

Last year, dh bought my oldest dss an X-Box for his birthday. He's really wanted the Kinect sensor bar since then, and apparently bm told oldest dss and middle dss back in late October/early November that she would buy them the bar for Christmas this year as long as they were okay with the fact that it would mean they only got one other present from her (which they were fine with). They both put Kinect games on all of their Christmas lists because of it, and it sounded like that was still the plan as recently as a couple of weeks ago. We went ahead and chose Kinect games for them, and so did my il's.

I'm sure you can imagine how we all felt when my oldest dss opened up the first Kinect game, looked at it for a few seconds, then looked at us with tears in his eyes and said that she didn't get it for them after all.

I know it's just a video game, and we can either swap them for the boys or they can use some of their Christmas money to buy the Kinect sensor, which can sell for as low as $70.00 pre-owned. It's not the end of the world. It's just really obnoxious to watch her build them up and get them excited, and then not follow through, since it sounded like they didn't know they wouldn't be getting it anymore until Christmas morning.

K.A.T December 29th, 2012 11:16 AM

Re: Minor Christmas-related rant

That's horrible. Why wouldn't she share that with you guys?! If she couldn't afford it, fine don't get it. But let the adults know that she didn't get it for them so you guys could get them something else. Now they have these games that they can't play with and are all upset. WTG BM! Real good f'n job there. Poor kids. I'm sorry hun. Maybe everyone can chip in some money and get them one.

Stepmom2Be December 29th, 2012 02:08 PM

That sucks. I know it can be fixed relatively easily, but why put YOU guys in the position of upsetting them? Thats just rude.

plan4fate December 29th, 2012 02:21 PM

ugh, that's just so awful of her!

I hope you all can figure something out to find a good priced one for them.

pmdc5286 December 29th, 2012 05:43 PM

Poor kiddos! I hope there is a way that they can get the kinnect sensor! We accidentally went through that with Sean with his PS3 by getting games for the PS3 Move. We found a good deal at Gamestop I think it was.

Ember Rose December 29th, 2012 08:37 PM

:(

.Katie. December 30th, 2012 04:08 AM

Laaaaaaaame BM move. Super lame.

lovememar December 30th, 2012 04:28 AM

That's bad :(

stucklikeglue December 30th, 2012 03:34 PM

that's terrible!

butterfly070212 December 31st, 2012 01:17 PM

My DD's BF told her for months he was getting her a Barbie bike for Christmas. When I asked about it, he said he wasn't. That's all she talked about for months was her dad getting her a bike.

Rachel December 31st, 2012 01:34 PM

That is horrible. It's not minor in my opinion to promise something and not follow through. Poor boys!

stresswife January 1st, 2013 10:52 AM

That's just mean, if she couldn't get it then she should have mentioned it..

Wisey January 1st, 2013 12:02 PM

Poor kidos. That is horrible and mean! Don't tell kids something and not follow thru!