help me please!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2006, 12:06 PM
jewll27's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to jewll27
HI all.
I am new to this site so I will give a little bit of background. Im 24 and been in a serious relationship for a yr and half with a man who I want to marry and wants to marry me, hes just saving for a ring right now. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 20 and while my levels werent high at all, I was put on BC anyways and was told to stay on it till I was ready to have kids. Since then, I have lost about 60+ lbs and gone off BC b/c of fin. reasons and health ins. that doesnt cover prescriptions. I have been off BC since Nov and been really regular since. I am now 3 days late and starting to worry. WE dont use any BC methods except pulling out. My bb are swollen but not sore, ive been having pulling pains in my lower ab. , Ive been very constipated, Ive broken out like a bandit all over my neck, back, and face, and none of my regular signals came to indicate AF would be here soon. I took 3 pregnancy tests last week the day before she was due and all were neg. What does this sound like to you? Is my PCOS acting up again?? PLease help me!! Thanks in advance!
sarah
January 23rd, 2006, 12:27 PM
nat81
Hello and welcome! I don't know much abour PCOS, so I don't have any advice about that... If AF is still late I would test again. It could be that when you tested your pregnancy hormones weren't high enough yet to be detected.

Good luck and keep us posted!
January 23rd, 2006, 12:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would take the tests again since you took them before AF was due.

I have PCOS (if I believe correctly - my dr called it Ovarians Disease....which looking at research, they are the same thing) and was told that I would not be able to have any more babies.....boy...was that DR wrong. I was able to regulate my periods through diet and exercise (and getting myself off a bunch of the drugs the dr's had me on) though I went years without a period as well. DR never put me on birth control because I had so many other health problems and was over 30. Birth control would have been more harmful to me.

Here I am....37 and pregnant again....so much for being sterile like the dr said.

Get yourself another pregnancy test. There's no point in second guessing.

Also, did you know that there are family planning clinics that give out birth control for free (or on a sliding scale, based on your income)? Look around in your area to see if there are any available and check it out. Your local welfare office or DHHR office can guide in the right direction.

I love my 3 girls and little boy:

Mom to Jessica - 19 yrs old, Amber - 18 yrs old, Sebastian - 2 months
January 23rd, 2006, 01:16 PM
jewll27's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
I would take the tests again since you took them before AF was due.

I have PCOS (if I believe correctly - my dr called it Ovarians Disease....which looking at research, they are the same thing) and was told that I would not be able to have any more babies.....boy...was that DR wrong. I was able to regulate my periods through diet and exercise (and getting myself off a bunch of the drugs the dr's had me on) though I went years without a period as well. DR never put me on birth control because I had so many other health problems and was over 30. Birth control would have been more harmful to me.

Here I am....37 and pregnant again....so much for being sterile like the dr said.

Get yourself another pregnancy test. There's no point in second guessing.

Also, did you know that there are family planning clinics that give out birth control for free (or on a sliding scale, based on your income)? Look around in your area to see if there are any available and check it out. Your local welfare office or DHHR office can guide in the right direction.[/b]

Yeah I did know that...I just dont think I want to be on BC again and would rather do it myself through diet and exercise and condom usage...but I think I might call them to go get a blood pregnancy test b/c I just took another and its neg. again. Someone on the PCOS board said that women with PCOS sometimes dont produce enough hormones to be detected by HPT.
January 23rd, 2006, 01:22 PM
zoey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had the same symptoms around the time AF was due and I wasn't prego. One time I had huge breasts, vanes everywhere, and I thought for sure I was prego, but Af showed.
I think your on the right track getting the blood test done so you know for sure.
Good luck to you.
January 23rd, 2006, 01:29 PM
Veteran
Keep on testing until AF come back to town. Whenever someone mentions the "pulling sensation", I always see that as a sign of pregnancy. I was getting those twinges and only waited until I was 4 days late to test, and it came out very positive. But tests can be sensitive. Maybe walk in to see a doc and test there.

Good luck!!

January 24th, 2006, 08:05 AM
jewll27's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Keep on testing until AF come back to town. Whenever someone mentions the "pulling sensation", I always see that as a sign of pregnancy. I was getting those twinges and only waited until I was 4 days late to test, and it came out very positive. But tests can be sensitive. Maybe walk in to see a doc and test there.

Good luck!![/b]

I have an appt on thursday to get tested...my breasts are really starting to hurt now and slighty nasueous but I think it might be me getting myself worked up...I made my BF have sex last night (not that he minded ) b/c usually that makes AF come and so far no luck...I will hopefully know more on [email protected]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search