I'm older, He's younger-We just met... Help!!!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Regular
I would so love to work on you Missy. There are some natural points on the body that can assist in inducing labor quite naturally. Wishing you n baby the best!!! I have had a major cravr for OJ so that may explain it. I'll definitely pick it up. Mostly getting it thru my prenatal.

As for my boy, also named Kay (kai), his dad let him go to a party w a wired jaw. Amazing ladies...
November 13th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Regular
I so wish I could do some bodywork on you Missy. There are a few points on the body that assist in inducing labor naturally. Wishing you and the baby the best delivery!!! <3 As for the folic acid, just my prenatal vitamin but that could explain my huge crave for OJ lately. Will be sure to pick some up.

As for my boy, also named Kay (kai), his dad let him go to a party with a wired jaw. Amazing...
December 4th, 2011, 11:22 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are you doing sweetie? I have been so busy with the baby that I have not ventured up in this room lately. I was thinking of you and thought I would check in.

Did you ever join a Due Date club here on JM? These boards are amazing and I have made real life friends from here.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

December 5th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Regular
Hi Missy, Scarlet looks sooo sweeet!!! Congatrulations and Blessings!!!

12 weeks today, first appointment with midwives. Finally heard the heartbeat for about two seconds. Wasn't too happy being rushed as they were behind in schedule and forgot to address my major questions of folic acid, prenatal vitamins, etc. Going for ultrasound on Thursday and pushing for medical coverage asap as I need to schedule my amnio in 3/4 weeks. I'm getting my energy back too and finally hit the gym on Saturday, enjoyed a prenatal massage the last two Saturday's also. Feelong pretty good though I have gained a small chunk of weight but I.m kind of on the lightweight side so I figure it was needed.

Glad to know you thought of me thru your busy schedule. I thought much about you but figured your hands were full, so no fingers for the computer...lol... Much love and I.ll figure out how to join the June 12 club soon...
December 23rd, 2011, 02:33 AM
Veteran
Update on how you are doing??

Brigitte & Ian
Engaged 10/10/12
Mama to 4 Lil Ladies
Sierra (14), Micaela (10), Breanna (10)
& Littlest Lady, Alyssa Anne 4/13/2012
Blog:http://virgogal1979.blogspot.com
December 23rd, 2011, 06:51 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
I can't tell you how many times I heard stories like this while in college - only without the age difference. Unfortunately most of them never ended in the mom actually keeping the baby, so major hugs to you for deciding to go at this without him.

I've also been drawn into your story so I hope you continue to come and update us.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
December 30th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Alison81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am replying late but I am 10 years older than the dad of my two youngest kids and my situation was similar to yours. I had just moved into my townhouse apartment, was a single mom to a 5 year old and single again for the first time in a long time. It was a fling and I got pregnant the first time we slept together. There was a lot of drama in the beginning, he got back together with his exgirlfriend, wasn't there during my pregnancy, but when his daughter was born it was love at first sight. He has her wrapped around his finger now and yes, we wound up having a second child, a son. So he could come around, give him time and space, I feel like it takes guys longer to come to terms with things because they don't physically go through it.

Thank you AlexKatieAiden Mommy for my siggy!
December 30th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Regular
Hi All, Happy Holidays!!! I haven't checked on this thread too often but do log in to the June DDC here and there. I'm doing fine, getting quite a belly, gained some serious weight. I had quite a low body fat percentage pre-pregnancy so I guess I had to do a little catch up for the baby. I'll be 16wks on the first, my son is happy about the new arrival and I still haven't told a few relatives and pretty much shut the rest out. I realize I will have little support once the baby comes so I preparing as much as I can in advance.

As for Zach, no communication since my ultrasound a few weeks ago. Pretty much the same negative reaction. I have my sad moments here n there. Praying to meet a fabulous guy who will be the great step-dad I was blessed to have or for Zach to love his child. I dream of the day in June and sending him a photo and formal "It's a ..." announcement. I may let him know the gender once I have had my amnio in mid Jan. Not sure but I have no plans for ongoing communications efforts.

Alison, I'm glad things worked well for you and that you are still together. Your babies are beautiful. I can't wait to see my lil one. I don't think I ever mentioned that we're interracial. Me: latina, black, white mix. Zach: white, I believe irish descent... I still think he's gorgeous and ubersexy. Am I crazy? Lol
February 3rd, 2012, 11:29 PM
Regular
Update: had my 20-week fetal anatomy scan today. Great experience! Decided to share it with my son and my bestie and I couldn't stop laughing with the two of them there. They were so excited the whole time! My little one weighed in at 14oz and I was so tickled to see all the little bones, femur, tibia, fibula, humerus, radius and ulna, spinal vertebrae all looked beautiful. Long legs for sure. Heart looked great and kidneys too! Strong blood flow. My science geek was exposed and the tech had to ask if I worked in medical. Lol...I cried a bit too knowing all is well.

Well ladies," Zachariah Tomas" is just what I thought....BOY!!!!!!!!!!

Sent Zach a text and let him know the gender. He wasn't mean or harsh nor was there a huge exchange but I thought he should know. He still wants no part... Hurts...
February 5th, 2012, 12:54 PM
HI there! I just caught up with your story... Congratulations on finding out you are having a boy! Boys are so awesome!

How are you doing? Are you buying clothes and getting ready for the baby to come? You are half way done already!! Yippppeeee

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

February 13th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Regular
Hi Missy! How is baby Scarlett? She is looking so sweet!

I had a huge scare last week when my 2nd trimester bloodwork came back indicating a Trisomy 18 third chromosome. I had to have a rush amnio on thursday. Was a total mess all weekend and today but thank God my preliminary results came back as clear of the chromosomal issue for Edwards. I am so relieved! Now I can get back to the fun stuff of shopping and setting up for little Z.T. So far I've only found the stroller I wanted. I can't wait to get to work now that this scare is over. He was really moving a bunch today, my son was soooo tickled!
February 18th, 2012, 09:58 PM
I am so sorry you had that scare!! I would have lost my mind! At least it was a positive outcome What part of NY are you in? I grew up in Syracuse and have lived all over the state. I know it is hard for the father to not be involved, I spent the better part of 15 years trying to have my boys dad involved with them. But they had tons of love and are great boys. Baby Scarlett is doing awesome. I love her so much... she brings happy tears to my eyes at times. The love I feel for her is crazy! Her brothers adore her as well and she has daddy wrapped around his finger already.

I am glad you are doing well! I am sorry Z still hasn't come around... his loss.

May 20th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Regular
Hey Missy!!!

I have been busy and thought I replied to this months ago. I'm doing well, due very soon but tired most days now. I live in Brooklyn, NY. Hope you and the family, baby Scarlett must be getting big, are doing well. Z and I had a chat the other day which went bwtter than the previous and he may decide to meet baby Z.T. soon after his birth. So excited!

Hugs n Kisses and thanks for your support and all the women here!!!!

K.
May 24th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Hi new here. Just be brave and have faith. You can raise the baby without a father. It's a wonderful feeling to be a mom even full of problems. I know you will be happy with your kids.
May 29th, 2012, 09:39 PM
joey_emmysmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm glad he is at least thinking about seeing the baby that's great. Hope all is going well with the pregnancy.

Tags
i'm older-he's younger, just met

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search