Feeling lost...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2012, 09:38 PM
I have been with my boyfriend of two months, and though I was on birth control, took two home pregnancy tests today that came out positive.

I've never gone through this before, and am currently finishing up my masters degree, so I'm feeling kind of lost.*

Im wondering if anyone has any advice- I went in for a blood test today. To me, abortion or adoption just wouldn't be an option, I'm in my late twenties and have wanted to have a family...I just didn't expect it to be this soon and in this fashion.*

I'm scared to death to tell the bf or family and friends, though when I really think about it I don't think anyone of them would really freak out. *But i dont know for sure, which makes me scared! I do care for this guy deeply, and he does for me as well, weve both said the i love yous and stuff. We seem to have similar values and opinions on crucial issues, including settling down and having a family. We actually did have a discussion before having sex that no form of birth control is 100 %. his reaction was, hey if it happens it happens, just meant to be. I have met his family, and his closest coworkers and friends, though he has not met mine (though mom talked to him on the phone over Easter). We have talked of moving in together, but not until fall when my lease is up.

I wondered whether we were moving too fast, thinking were still in the honeymoon phase, and have voiced the concerns to him in the last two weeks, but agreed with him when he stated it felt right. And besides, we had the buffer of the summer to see how things progress. *But now...

There's so much going through my head right now, I feel like I'm going to just explode right here on the spot! Just how will everyone react?! Im thinking of things like "im due to be a bridesmaid this summer, should i even tell her or will she be upset." and "should i get married sooner or later" and especially "can i find a job teaching now?" oh yea, did i mention im unemployed since im in school until may??? Not to mention still not knowing how the boyfriend will react! I feel happy, numb, nervous, frightened, excited, and sick to my stomach at the thought of how much things will change now...
April 17th, 2012, 05:39 PM
hmcart's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to hmcart
tell him.. it sounds like he knew this could happen and will be okay with it! Good luck!
April 18th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I can imagine all the emotions you are experiencing right now, Packerbaby! I wish I could give you a hug!

I first want to commend you for recognizing that this amazing little one you are carrying deserves a future! It is obvious that you care about your BF very much. I know that you are freaking out about telling him as well as everyone else and how they will react to this news. I would encourage you to sit down with your bf and let him know what's going on.

Hey, I realize that you have a lot to process with being in school right now and struggling with all of these conflicting feelings. It is good that you are sharing your heart here. Do you have someone besides your bf that you can talk to in person? I know from my time working with Focus on the Family that there are counselors who will talk to you over the phone for free. All you have to do is call 1-855-HELP (4357) weekdays between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. (MT). I also wanted to mention that I came across another one of their websites called Optionline. All you have to do is type 'optionline' in the search google box and it will pop up. This is a site that contains useful information on issues related to unplanned pregnancies.

These are just some thoughts... I will be praying for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search