Sorry I've been gone...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Well first let me get all the updating done lol. We got to bring Miss Miranda home on Thursday afternoon. She looks sooo much better without all those IV's hooked up to her little head!! She has been doing pretty good so far. She has her days and her nights mixed up though so it's been kind of stressful. She'll sleep great during the day then at night all she wants to do is be held so it's been really tough. I've had company everyday until now so I finally got to take time and get on here!! (Plus we had to move my computer because Randy got a new computer desk and so I took his old one) I will say that I prefer being alone without help from others. It seems to have just made the stress worse having my inlaws here and my SIL is coming up for an entire frieking week with her 1 year old then my MIL announced out of the blue that she was coming back like Tuesday. I honest to God do NOT need the extra help. I am getting around great after my c-section and I'm almost back to doing everything I could before (other then lifting things). I really hope I can survive this upcoming week with all these frieking visitors here. I really just prefer to do things myself and everyone (well my inlaws) think that they need to help me when I've made it very clear that I don't want their help. (Sorry for the long rant about that!) Miranda is doing really great though. She sucks down her bottle so fast! We had to increase the amount of formula we were giving her because she wasn't getting full. Anyways, I'll try to get back on here as much as possible but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to with our upcoming company.
Amanda
October 15th, 2006, 12:09 PM
irishxrose
I'm glad she's doing good sweetie! That's awesome!

Joshua had his days and nights mixed up in the beginning too, and I finally just co-slept with him and it seemed to help. But I don't know if it'd work for Miranda.

Ugh, I know what you mean about everyone trying to help out. Whenever family was over, I felt like I had to prove to everyone that I was a great mommy and that I had to do everything or I'd get nagged at. I couldn't ever relax with them there, so I completely understand!

I'm glad you're doing great after the c-section!

(you still need to change your siggy )
October 16th, 2006, 06:49 AM
*Cassie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you're both doing good! I'm 2 weeks pp and I can only now walk without almost crying You sound like you are recovering much better than I am! Jackson is still kind of mixed up, but every so often he has a good night.

I hear you on the 'help' too. I live at home though, so I can't escape sadly
October 16th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's so good to hear that little miss Miranda is home and is doing great. I can only imagine what you're going through with the whole family thing...Urgh...Honestly, I know if I were in your position, I woudl have flipped out and told them all where to shove it by now! lol
You should maybe call your MIL and tell her you appreciate her wanting to help, but the fact is, having everyone over this passed week has actually been more stressful and you've really been looking forward to some alone time with Miranda. It's nothing personal (hahaha!), but maybe coming down in about 2-3 weeks from now would be better. Just ask her to give you a bit of time to recover, then when you're in your routine with Miranda, THEN having guests over would be just fine. I'm sure she'll understand if you tell her nicely and calmly. If she doesn't, then too freaking bad for her. This isn't about THEM right now, it's about Miranda need stability and a routine, and if another MOTHER can't understand that, than she sucks and shouldn't be allowed to come over until Miranda's 18!!! lol
So anyhoo, I'm sorry to hear your little one has her days and nights mixed up. It should correct itself over the next couple weeks (hopefully!). Fiona was the same way, but we just tried really hard to keep her awake during the day, and then by nightime she was so tired, she'd sleep right through...Little by little she worked her way up to 8 hours straight at night, from 10pm till 6am. Now it's 9pm till 8am! woohoo! Hopefully miranda will wind up sleeping like that in the next little bit.
Well, take as much time as you need. We'll be here whenever you have time to write and update again! Good luck with the inlaws! ugh!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search