Hes bailing on me, what do I do now

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Veteran
I need some advice. Im pretty sure that my babies father is going to want nothing to do with the baby. To avoid telling his GF what he did, hes just going to pretend that this never happened. How could he ignore his child just so that he doesnt have to admit what he did. Hes not being a man about this at all. It breaks my heart that he could just toss us aside like we are nothing but trash. I dont want nothing from him. If he wants to bail on this baby I think thats his cross to bare. Does anyone agree. Im not going to say a word because I can't make him love the baby. Are alot of men this dumb during pregnancy. Do some men just not bond with their own flesh and blood. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Im tring to stay mature. I really do feel bad for his GF. I dont know her but I dont like to see anybody hurt. Do I just cut him out of my life?? And when am I going to get more mad at him for what hes doing.
Any advice ladies
Capergirl
December 29th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
personally i've had two really bad experiences from men and my children, too long to get into it, however i think that you and your child is much better off. Get him to sign papers NOW that he does not want anything to do with baby and signing over his rights to the child. This way he can't come back and fight for custody to hurt you. Like i said I think that i am biased about this, but it would be a shame if his gf found out about how he got you pregnant and then dumped you so she wouldn't find out and then that it would probably happen to the next girl too.

Hugs,

Lisa

Thank you SARA for my siggy!!!
December 29th, 2006, 08:42 AM
ro8821's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I woudl show up one day at his house with the baby in tow.. Just to prove a point. He may not want to be in the childs life, FINE, but at least show him what he has done. His GF will get the picture. That way, he will lose 2 things..

I'm being mean I know..

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"> </MARQUEE>

December 29th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Missy_Russell's Avatar Veteran
Take him to court, at least if he is not there emotionally- he will be there financially.

Devin 9
Davon 9
Ajanee 7
Donovan Douglas - Born August 21st 2007, 8.5 lbs, 20" long @ 1:54pm

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wDpWWdg/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
December 29th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
I believe you have two options. If you need his help financially then I would take him to court after your child is born for child support. If you don't need him financially and he wants nothing to with your child then I would make him sign over his rights now. Like someone mentioned above, I've seen/heard of several men claiming throughout the entire pregnancy they want nothing to do with the child and after the child is born fighting for custody.

Amanda
December 29th, 2006, 01:50 PM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i agree entirely with miranda. if you need him (i know its hard to admit) then take him for what he owes, if not, then cut him out of your life cos he's obviously isnt man enough to be a proper father.

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
January 8th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with everything the ladies have said here.
January 10th, 2007, 11:59 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
get him to court and take him for all he's got!
Mama to Jack, Ben, Marjorri and Adeline.
Human to Jeyne the Redbone Coonhound.

<3 Autism Advocate <3 Babywearer <3 Blogger <3 Nerd <3 Bookworm <3
January 12th, 2007, 07:29 PM
debriot
Well its always a bad situation when men dont stop to think because theyre too worried about looking bad. I believe you should atleast get child support. Even if you dont want it, put it aside.. college fund or maybe for a car when the child is 16. Something. & its also a constant reminder to the father that he bailed out on something so beautiful & wonderful!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search