ultrasounds

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2007, 10:02 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
so you ladies might be aware of my distress at not having another u/s and how much i want to know the sex of the baby.

i found a clinic in dublin that will do 3D/4D u/s for €180 and you get a 20 to 30 min scan (my first was 5mins at absolute most) plus pics and a dvd

waitingforcarson, i know you got this done, what did you think about it?

how did they do it? is it safe? do you see everything you wanna see?

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
March 13th, 2007, 10:16 AM
sarabella
What does that equate to in US dollars?

Personally, if I knew i was only getting 1 u/s, I'd do it. But that's just me. I'm impatient. The pics and dvd are also priceless, you'll have them forever.
March 13th, 2007, 10:18 AM
€180 is $237. its a little pricey, but its killing me not knowing how everything is going in there. I need to know the sex too, its driving me crazy!!!!!!

March 13th, 2007, 10:20 AM
sarabella
I don't know how you are financially but I'd certainly pay $237 for the u/s in your case. I'd look at my budget and cut out some frivolous maternity clothes and eat out a little bit less. It is so worth it to have those pictures and that peace of mind.
March 13th, 2007, 10:22 AM
you're right. DH thinks i we should def go, regardless of money. I just needed someone else to tell me that its a good idea to spend that much money!

March 13th, 2007, 10:52 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
We are thinking about doing this. There is a place not far from us that will do about 30 or 40 minutes and we will get pictures and a DVD for around $230.

I say go for it. Especially if you are only getting one ultrasound.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
March 13th, 2007, 11:02 AM
sarabella
Seriously... what's $200 in the long run? Not a whole lot.
March 13th, 2007, 11:17 AM
waitin4ansleigh's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to waitin4ansleigh Send a message via Yahoo to waitin4ansleigh
I say make it a baby-moon... apparently its what couples do before baby comes... If you can do it financially, go stay in Dublin for the night and come back the next day... I would definately do it... And this is why....

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=1952806658

That is the link to Carson's myspace Videos (the baby was taking over my myspace so I made him one of his own lol) In it is my 30 week 4-d u/s video...

I saw everything feet, hands punching... Now also keep in mind if you have it done you well see more in 4-d (3-d moving in real time) than on my sonogram... she would switch from 2-d (which when they do the 2-d with the 3/4-d machines it looks so much better) to the 3-d still pics... and then she left it on 4-d so I could watch his face and look at his cute lil self... His big ole foot is right next to his face at the end where he I think opens his eye!!!

It is amazing and like I said you have the means it is definately worth it.... Just wait til about 26-30 weeks... thats when they look the best... anything before and they don't look so filled out but rather more skeletal... I had mine done at 30 weeks and he looks perfect... even if he does look just like his dad.... See...

<div align="center"></div>
p.s. this was taken after spending an entire week at the lake... my hair looks horrible...

<div align="center">

</div>
Those were from 30 weeks...

this is what they look like at 17 weeks in 3-d kinda boney and not as chunky...

And this ladies is the money shot.. no denying I'm having a boy!!

And while I'm showing off (sorry) ... this is 34 weeks.. with a mohawk!!!

yep that is actually his hair!!!!

I love how he has grown... And just wish he would GET HERE ALREADY!!!!!!

<div align="center">

Thanks dettmer26 for my siggy!

</div>
March 14th, 2007, 03:54 AM
thats amazing. i'm almost 100% getting it done. my mother went mad when i told her, she thinks its such a waste of money. but its a once in a lifetime thing, i'll have the dvd and pics forever more. and as you said it'd be nice to have a baby-moon...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search