Having kids close together

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2007, 10:53 AM
LolaJ03's Avatar Super Mommy
I just recently found out that I am pregnant again. My DD's 1st birthday isn't until June 24th so more then likely they will be only 1yr and some months apart (I haven't went to the Dr yet for a DD) but I'm really freaking out about them being so close in age. The pros and cons run through my head all day. Any one in here have kids that are only a year or so apart. Is it really hard....do you have any good advice to prepare?

March 20th, 2007, 11:00 AM
momtofaith's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm hoping it will be a good thing, sincer mine will only be 15 months apart! Everyone that I have talked to loves their kids being close together. There is a forum for mommys with kids close in age, everyone is really helpful over there!
March 20th, 2007, 12:09 PM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
definitely pop into the forum for mommies with kids close in age.

i think it would be great to have kids so close. they'll never be lonely. my DH and his brother are less than 2 years apart and now they're older and have their own things going on, they were really close for their entire childhood. i'm hoping i'll be able to have another pretty soon after this one. (i'm jumping ahead of myself i know!)

Congratulations on your pregnancy. i really wish you a happy and healthy 9 months.

is it too personal to ask if this baby was unplanned?

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
March 20th, 2007, 02:52 PM
LolaJ03's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
definitely pop into the forum for mommies with kids close in age.

i think it would be great to have kids so close. they'll never be lonely. my DH and his brother are less than 2 years apart and now they're older and have their own things going on, they were really close for their entire childhood. i'm hoping i'll be able to have another pretty soon after this one. (i'm jumping ahead of myself i know!)

Congratulations on your pregnancy. i really wish you a happy and healthy 9 months.

is it too personal to ask if this baby was unplanned?[/b]
No not at all. Thanks for the info. This pregnancy wasn't really planned but not really prevented either. We said we were done after 2 so I'm just sad that I'm only 22 and having my last child Althought that is all I want to have.

March 20th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Gorman
You are going to have a blast with these two! My two youngest are 14-months apart and I totally didn't plan it this way. People ask me if they are twins all of the time and they are very close friends. As far as raising them things will be great. I had a little trouble, because I had just gotten my 14-month old off the bottle and here came sister who I would occasionally give a bottle (I mostly nursed without pumping), that made him so mad that he couldn't have a bottle too. The only other thing I can think off that will be a shock to you will not be when they are little, but when they are older. If you are only having two children, it's going to seem that you have a million things going on when they are in high school and you will be so busy and then boom they will both graduate fairly close to each other. Sometimes I think that is a shock to Moms that have kids so close together. However, I think having kids close together is a really great thing! Good luck!
March 20th, 2007, 03:31 PM
22 having your last child? you'll be such a young cool mom! you'll understand them better and thus resulting in less fights.

how far along are you? how are you feeling in general?

March 21st, 2007, 01:24 PM
momtofaith's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww, don't worry Nikki, I'm 22 also, and this will hopefully be our last baby to. I say hopefully because if it's not a boy I know DH is going to push for another!
March 22nd, 2007, 05:01 AM
Quote:
I say hopefully because if it's not a boy I know DH is going to push for another![/b]
all men want to sire an heir!!!! my DH is the same, we wont stop till we have a boy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search