what carrier do you reccommend??

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2010, 01:44 PM
charlies_angel
Hi everyone. My name is Robn and I have a 14 month old and another due in November. I never used a baby carrier with my DS but am thinking that I'm going to have to start with the new baby alot while chasing around a 1 1/2 yr old!!
What carrier do you all reccommend?? One that's easy to get baby in and out of and comfy. I don't think I want a sling more of a carrier?? I've heard of the Beco Butterfly but it is only worn on the back I believe.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks so much!!
July 10th, 2010, 02:43 PM
AmandaR
I bought several carriers and they were pointless honestly. I have an 8 month old and 21 month old right now and have no issues not having a carrier.
But I did like my Ergo carrier.
July 10th, 2010, 04:56 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive had a Ring Sling, one similiar to the Bjorns, and a Kozy (mei tei) and by far the Kozy won! Lol. I still carry my 25lb 2 yr old on my back, you can use it from birth until you cant carry the kid any more, theres no weight limit on it. Franklingoose.com has them!

July 10th, 2010, 05:35 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I loved my moby for about the first 2 months. My two boys are 15 months apart and James loved the moby those first couple of months. It takes a little getting used to but once you have the hang of it the baby is so snug in it. I could bend over, chase Will around and James just slept or was awake so peacefully in the wrap.

For older kids I have used a mei tai that is similar to a babyhawk. I also like ring slings for quick trips into the grocery store because they are the quickest to get the kid into but aren't always that comfortable for long term carrying (at least for me)

The attachment parenting board here on JM has stickied posts with reviews on carriers and they are super helpful answering questions about specific carriers (I don't post there but that is where I went when I was pregnant with #2 looking for suggestions on carriers)

July 10th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had both a Bjorn and Eddie Bauer Sling. I loved the Bjorn and used it all the time, I never felt stable with the sling and gave up.

July 12th, 2010, 05:09 AM
Loving My Piglets
I dont use a carrier but im glad the others have offered good advice!

welcome to closely spaced siblings

R (10) 24.04.06 - our little angel
R (9) 07.06.07
L (8) 05.06.08
L (6) 26.04.10
C (3) 15.02.13

July 12th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Taramomof3's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i have a snugglie carrier and a moby wrap, the snugglie is alright I found it to be a little uncomfortable and really hot to wear and wasn't good for a new born, the moby I love, my yongest is 10 months and 24lbs now and is still comfortable in it and I am still comfortable having her in it. I have never really used it around the house just out shopping and such maby once or twice outside inthe yard when it was cooler out. Never have had to use it inside the house and even outside there are always places to put her down.

Brianna Eve (09/12/09) Dillan Zarek (07/20/06) Chase Alexander (10/04/08)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search