Anyone's Kids 13 months Apart?

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2010, 10:58 AM
horrormoviefan
I have a 7 yr old dd, 4.5 yr old twins, and a 7 mo old ds and now am 13 weeks pg again. I got pg 4 months after my son's birth. He was 5 weeks early and I did NOT expect it so soon. Yes I was ttc sort of but it came as a shock. If this baby(HOPEFULLY???) is not born early and on time, they will be exactly 13 months apart. I know it's not twins, been there done that, lol but how do you moms manage with the difference of 1 infant and 1 toddler almost? Any tips? My dr said getting pg so fast puts me at a 20% risk for pt labor. Going to start p17 shots again in 3 weeks. Thanks ladies!
July 22nd, 2010, 11:16 AM
Loving My Piglets
Congratulations! welcome

Mine are just under 12 months apart & it is hard at times but you always find your own little way to suit you to get things sorted, for example offer the toddler snacks when you are feedding baby or give them an activity to do while you are sorting out the baby, after a while it becomes easier

R (10) 24.04.06 - our little angel
R (9) 07.06.07
L (8) 05.06.08
L (6) 26.04.10
C (3) 15.02.13

July 22nd, 2010, 12:42 PM
Taramomof3's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Hello and Congrats!

I agree with everyone else. My two youngest are 11 months apart, it may be trying at times but we have way more good days then bad. When my daughter was a new born I made sure my 2 boys had something to do or a snack before I fed her. They both love to help me so they would get me diapers and wipes ect. I do soemthing special with them when she napped inthe morning and something special with just my oldest when the 2 youngest where napping in the afternoon. Once you get a ruitne down it is real easy.

Brianna Eve (09/12/09) Dillan Zarek (07/20/06) Chase Alexander (10/04/08)

July 22nd, 2010, 01:18 PM
horrormoviefan
thanks ladies. It's SO nice to know I'm not alone. I haven't even told my parents yet, for fear or their reaction? Did anyone have pt labor with the 2nd baby being so close? Dr says m/c risk and pt labor risk are much higher and that scares me
July 22nd, 2010, 09:32 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board!
My kids aren't quite that close but as you can see there are lots of ladies that have been in your shoes!
July 28th, 2010, 10:20 AM
mom2zachnmac's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi! My youngest two will be about 14 months apart. I'm 27weeks 4 days and haven't had a single issue with pt labor yet. (of course I never had any issues with bh (that I noticed...) or preterm labor with my last two pregnancies either. I went a week over with the first and 5 days over with the 2nd and never had any trips to L&D or felt any contractions or anything so maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe it is just because your first came so early that they say the risk is higher, it was never mentioned to me and I was only 5 months or so post partum when I got pregnant.

[IMG][/IMG]
July 28th, 2010, 12:35 PM
My boys should have been a little over 11 months apart but ended up 10 1/2. I had a shortened cervix due to the pregnancies being so close. I ended up on modified bedrest for about 3 weeks before my second was born. At 37 weeks I was just done being pregnant and went on a long walk! That night he was born!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search