How did your baby/child or children go with the new bubba?

Forum: Closely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Closely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2010, 04:32 AM
Marlz.
How did your baby/child or children go with the new bubba?

I'm a little worried how my little girl who will be 14months will go with our new baby.. My other girls are all 2 years apart so it was easy to talk to them about the baby or get them to help in some way.. but i dont know how to go about having my last 2 so close... any tips on what i should do???

Also she is very attached to me atm.. even though shes only 9 months now.. Im trying to wean her slowly.. she loves sleep with me and dh as we co sleep so i have to get her out of that now.. i have no idea how she'll be towards this baby at 14months..
November 2nd, 2010, 03:52 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My girls were both great, no jealousy at all and helped out right from the start.

ODS has had a bit of a rougher time. He hasn't taken it out on the baby at all but on me. He really dislikes that I can't pick him up at any time so the second the baby makes a noise, he runs over to me, as if to say "no hold me, ignore him!!" He loves his brother and will hug and kiss him all the time, but just isn't used to sharing me with someone smaller.
November 6th, 2010, 06:28 AM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My boys are about 17 months apart and he didn't understand that he was going to have a baby brother. He had tons of jealous but we just tired to encourage him to help caring for the baby. Maybe you can find a way to get her to help.

I guess at 14 months, that might be hard. Preston is now 14 months he wouldn't be able to help at this age now.

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search