Preeclampsia mommies

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Did you go in for preconception couseling before your next pregnancy? What are you doing (if there is anything you can do) to prevent preeclampsia the next time around?
March 30th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I don't have Pre-E, nor have I had it - but I know there are a lot of ladies here who have had it, so I'm sure someone will answer your question soon!

March 31st, 2010, 06:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope so, I'm kinda worried and could use some positive advice or stories.
March 31st, 2010, 06:18 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I've had pre-e with my last two pregnancies (only two up to this one). With the second, I was monitored a lot more closely. Unfortunately my son passed away before birth at 33 weeks, but no one seems to think it was from the pre-e... we just don't have an answer for why he died.

This pregnancy, I'm being monitored very close. I'm able to go in any time to get checked if I just feel "off." I'm taking my BP at home everyday twice a day. I'm sticking to a Brewer Diet with low sodium intake. I'm drinking a TON of water.

I don't think I'll NOT have pre-e, but I do think I can make it farther. I'm trying everything I can!

Many many women have pre-e once and never again though. Just trust your instincts is the best advice I can give.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
March 31st, 2010, 07:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had pre-e and will be monitored very closely with my next pregnancy, but more so for the other high risk factors that I have.

March 31st, 2010, 11:38 AM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had pre-E with my son. i am very newly pregnant, but I will bring up my concerns about developing it again at my first appointment next week.

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
April 5th, 2010, 11:01 AM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
havent posted here yet but thought i would answer. I had preE with DD made it all the way to 38wks tho and was fine after delivery. With DS i made it to 32wks. Lots of problems with BP afterwards and my kidneys werent functioning properly. This baby was a surprise. My reg OB kept telling me nothing they can do besides monitor my BP closely. I just started seeing a high risk ob and she started me on baby aspirin. She also did some doppler test to check the blood vessels and apparently i have uterine notching. Bc of the notching i will have growth U/S to check on the baby. She also sent me for a 24hr urine collection to get a baseline so they dont freak when it is slightly elevated further along. Im on a high protein diet as well. My ob office isnt very proactive. The only reason i went to the high risk DR was for my level 2 u/s, once she heard my history she took me on as a pateint. I have an appt tonight with her, last appt she told me that depending on my labs we will go from there.
The odd of me habign PreE again are pretty high since i had it 2x already and the doppler scan thingy. Im hoping its not true but it seems things are happening like they did with DS, my bottom number on my BP starts to slowly raise. ugh.
If you have any other questions lmk.

April 5th, 2010, 12:51 PM
morebluethanpink
Unfortunately PE is not like hypertension outside of pregnancy and does not tend to respond to "normal" treatments like low sodium diets and what not. No one knows what causes it and therefore it is not preventable. They do think it's an autoimmune reaction to the placenta itself.. so if that's the case there's no getting around it if it's gonna happen.

I had quite a problem with my bp with baby #6 and it got worse postpartum. The doctors said there was about a 30 percent chance I'd get it again with a new pregnancy.. no one could say one way or the other, it would depend on the new placenta and while I was more at risk than women who had never had it, there was no guarantee either way. Well my next pregnancy was worse. It started earlier, got higher than before.. and was medicated longer postpartum as well.

Some things I have heard that *may* help are high protien diet (brewer diet, though some will argue this makes it worse, or that they tried it and got pe anyway), adequate vitamin d intake, fish oils, baby aspirin (though don't take this without a dr approval!!), and that vitamin commonly found in tomatoes.. oh whats the name? Starts with a "L" .. ?? sorry can't think of it at the moment. lol

Of course, some people get it once and never again. I see one child in your siggy, so on the assumption you have one (could be wrong, just saying), many first pregnancies are affected with women going on to have more babies with no issues, for whatever reason. Other risk factors are being overweight, having had it previously or having a close relative who had it, having diabetes/gestational diabetes, having chronic hypertension. But in the end the only thing they really can do is watch you carefully and treat as needed. May I suggest you buy a home moniter if you get pregnant again so you can moniter yourself and get in to your dr at the first sign of trouble?

Good luck, it's scary stuff. I'm 6 weeks postpartum with my seventh and JUST came off the meds last week, and still monitering to make sure it doesn't rebound. And I'm luckier than some; i've heard of those who need meds for months.
April 16th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had my first child when I was 18 and I had pre-eclampsia/toxemia and delivered at 38 weeks and all was fine.

Then I had my son when I was 37 and once again developed pre-eclampsia and was induced at 39 weeks and had to have a c-section.I did have some complications after having him such as breathing problems and a blood clot(supeficial).

I would like to have one more but am scared that I will have pre-e again and more complications....So I don't know...

April 17th, 2010, 12:50 PM
i had pre-eclampsia/toxemia with my baby girl when i was 17. Now i pregnant again was so unplaned. Im hope i wont get it. Im 21 now. I hadnt been to the doctor yet. I think im 7 weeks. im stop my salt in take. i pray for all of us it so scary
April 19th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
yes it is very scary.........

April 20th, 2010, 11:54 AM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2amy View Post
i had pre-eclampsia/toxemia with my baby girl when i was 17. Now i pregnant again was so unplaned. Im hope i wont get it. Im 21 now. I hadnt been to the doctor yet. I think im 7 weeks. im stop my salt in take. i pray for all of us it so scary
there really hasnt been any evidence that reducing your salt intake keeps PreE away. Before you do anything like that i would consult with your OB
It is very scary!

April 20th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had eclampsia with my first child....its not pre-eclampsia because I ended up having a seizure and having an emergency c-section at 30 weeks. One day I was at my parents and started not feeling well. I was a little hungry and my dad suggested I rest while they went to get us some sandwhiches at a local shop. I remember calling DH at work saying I wasn't feeling good, but I guess I told him I was gonna relax in a bath while I waited on my parents to get back. I got in and the water was too hot and I couldn't get out or turn the water off or cool and had a seizure in the tub. I remember barely/briefly them bring in DD to see, before she was life lighted to loma linda. I officially woke up 2 days later in the ICU. She stayed in the NICU for about 5 weeks. It was during a short time when they let premies come home if they where doing well and about 4lbs. She was soooo tiny.

With my second PG a year later they watched me more closely and I had a high risk Dr. I was on alot of BP meds towards the end that made me very sleepy, but I carried him to 39 weeks. I slowly leaked my amniotic fluid over the weekend and needed another c-section. I was doing stress test this is how they knew that.

Right now I'm about 18 weeks and am scheduled for my big U/S on Friday. They are keeping an eye on my BP and i'm on some meds right now. I also have thyroid issues now as well. Oh and now I'm considered prenatal elderly. So it can be stressful, but I try to relax about it. I know thats easier said than done.

November 28th, 2018, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2amy View Post
wow hope you was ok.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search