Log In Sign Up

High risk due to sch!!!!

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1
Hi there,

I am new to this board and am looking for some support and would like to hear from those who are going through the same thing as I or have already.

I am 31 years old and this is my second pregnancy. I am 16 weeks along and one day. This pregnancy has totally been a roller-coaster so far for me. It started at 11 weeks...the funny thing is is that I had no clue that I was even pregnant. I had ended my period and had brown spotting for a month afterwards. I thought something was wrong so I went to the emergency as I didn't have a family doctor. They ran a bunch of tests and sure enough I was pregnant lol! That came as a shock but okay I wasn't dying and didn't have cancer so great They scheduled me for an ultrasound two days after.

In the ultrasound they saw three small clots, doc wasn't worried as they were tiny and I believe they were in the mm's. Three weeks later I hemorrhaged. Went to the ER as I thought I was miscarrying but that wasn't the case. An ultrasound later showed that I was down to two clots but one grew huge- 13 cm's! They referred me to a high risk doctor at the hospital. Saw them for the first time last Monday. They did an ultrasound and it showed that I now only have one clot and it is 17cm. I asked the doctor if the second clot absorbed in the bigger one and maybe that is why it is now 17cm? They didn't have an answer. They have no answers...its a waiting game. The doctor said I will likely miscarry and be prepared for that. I should mention that the clot is right beside the placenta but the placenta remains untouched. I am taking the max dose of iron right now as well as supplements for the pregnancy. Health wise I feel fine, I still have spotting but very little and it is brown. The only time I experienced red blood was during the hemorrhage.

I am feeling a little discouraged. I am trying to keep positive, get lots of rest and put all my trust in the lord's hands.

Reply With Quote
December 11th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,249
Lots of hugs Jen.
I had a SCH early on, but they never told me how big it was. I found out because I had spotting around 6 and 7 weeks along and went in. They said I could have more spotting but my SCH wasn't very big (I don't know what a big one is and what's small in cm). I had just one more episode of spotting after that and now it's cleared up, got absorbed back, which they said is very common. They just told me to limit my activity and put me on pelvic rest (no sex) for a few weeks (turned into almost 8) before I got cleared. No issues since and now I'm 21 weeks along.
Wishing you the best - happy and healthy 9 months.

Reply With Quote
April 20th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 7
I went in for a follow up scan today and much to my surprise my cervical length was only measuring 2.5 cm it should be 3-5 cm

I also have a subchronic hematoma which is measuring 8.5cm x 6 cm

Very worry Dr is hoping we can make it to 23 weeks... So baby can be delivered and have a fighting chance. He fears that ill pass the clot and it will tear the sac causing my water to break.

I have a massive hematoma or blood clot just above my cervix. Next to the placenta. He would place to cerclage, but he's afraid it'll do more harm than good. He thinks the pressure from the blood over my cervix is causing the shortening. We go back for a recheck May 1st

And my Dr is very worried. He's a afraid that ill pass the clot and when that happens it will tear the baby's sac causing my water to break. He has his fingers Crossed that it won't happen until 23 weeks. But I REALLY do not wanna deliver prior to 26 weeks do to develop of baby and he'll have a much better fighting chance. And this is all coming from perinatologist
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0