Log In Sign Up

Weekly updates - 02/21 - 02/27

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2010, 08:02 AM
Sasix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 12,034
Okay, let's see/hear those updates from our preggos, our mamas, etc. How's everyone feeling? Latest appointments? How are the LO's growing? Pictures please!

Wow - I had some time to actually do this post on time for a change and without Lenore having to do it for me. (I so appreciate you, Lenore )

Now this will be a long rant here, so prepare yourself . . .

So for me, well yesterday wasn't a good day for me at all. I fasted as instructed from 7pm the night before, then get out of the house by 6:15ish and head to the lab. I have to then stand in the lengthy line outside in the cold, after navigating walking the icy patches to get to the line, for 30 minutes. We all finally get to go inside @ 7:10 and after signing in and telling them I was there fore the 3 hour timed test, along with another pg lady, they called us both up for our paperwork. It was discovered then that my doctor's office had not completed the form completely, and they didn't mark which 3 hour glucose test this was. Even though I, and the technicians knew which one is was, we have to have the doctor's authorization. Of course no one is answering phones at 7:30/40 in the morning, and even later at 8:00. The message said the answering service would start at 9:30 which is too late for them to do the test as the lab closes at 12 noon on Saturdays. I was so upset and couldn't help myself and started crying. I was also very shaky from no food which probably didn't help matters. Tony was getting so mad too, but we knew the lab couldn't do anything and it wasn't their fault at all. They were very sweet. So we left there & I had brought an orange and a granola bar for afterwards so I ate that on the way home and then proceeded to just jump in and take a very long hot hot shower. I don't think I stopped cyring for a while, my silly hormones. That is so unlike me, and poor Tony didn't know what to do or say. I didn't bother calling the answering service when they opened up, figured I'll just contact the doctor's office tomorrow. I had originally requested to do this test at the doctor's office, and they said I had to go to the lab. All my other bloodwork has been done at their office, so not sure why this one has to be at the lab. The doctor's office is close to work so I could easily get there by the bus, the labs are not as close and easily accessible. Also with all the snow, some of the sidewalks are still not clear so I'm not too keen on walking much as I don't want to risk falling. It is pretty impossible for me to take much time off work this week, we've got so much going on, but if it's at least at the doctor's office that wouldn't be too much time off work - 4 hours tops. And they wanted this done before this coming Friday's appt. That's not going to happen now. Tony works all of next weekend, so if we try this again next Saturday (and if the lab has an opening - they book quickly for the 3 hour timed tests and only do a limited number on weekends) I'll have to see if MIL can take me. It's getting uncomfortable driving at times and I can't sit the foot away from the airbags with my belly these days and still reach the pedals with my short legs. The following Saturday is the baby shower, followed by Tony working the next 2 weekends and then our child birth classes followed by Easter weekend. So weekends are getting full quickly. So frustrating. . . . hopefully I can get some assistance from the doctor's office. I'm going to suggest I take the 1 hour test again and if I again fail I'll do the 3 hour one. Hopefully they will go along with that suggestion. Wish me luck on that.

So after all that, I was just so drained & exhausted. Tony & I went to watch a movie, figured it would be our last chance for quite a while, and then went to Babies R Us to work on the baby registry. The registry alone is quite stressful & overwhelming. It was fun at parts, but alot to consider, so we've still got to finish online but at least we got that accomplished. And then we all (MIL included) went out for a nice relaxing dinner last night. Today is going better & I hope this week is overall less stressful.

So beyond me, how are all of you? Updates please! Pictures - I'd LOVE to see more pictures. Our LOs are growing so fast, and the baby bellies are always fun to see.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
Reply With Quote
February 21st, 2010, 09:12 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 28,175
Oh Becky, I'm sorry you went through all of that and your 3 hour isn't done! I hope your doc's office can help you out.

Not much new here, we didn't hear from Jackson's mom this weekend, so who knows what's going on with him. Did I update about him here? I'm on too many boards, lol! We have figured out where he'll go in the house and in the van, if he moves in, so that's a start! We're ready Universe, bring it on!

Lucky mother to five!

Reply With Quote
February 22nd, 2010, 03:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,389
Blame it on the hormones Becky - though I'd be upset too at the thought of having to fast again.

Marie we sort of know that there is another young boy who you might adopt, but don't think we knew his name was Jackson or what the status was on him - just that his grandmother had mentioned him to you?

AFM, I am sitting with a fan going at the computer at the moment. It is so humid. Dh doesn't seem to think it's too bad at the moment (8pm) but I am feeling the heat so much and I am sitting here sweating! Cool shower due soon I think!

I am a bit excited as I think we 'might' have a boy's name... dh mentioned a name last night that I liked and basically it's been the only one we both like - progress!!!! As for a girl's name, it remains the same as always . Trying not to waddle at work but noticing going up and down the hallway I just can't seem to walk fast anymore!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
Reply With Quote
February 22nd, 2010, 06:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,250
Becky, what an awful experience. Shame on your doctors office for screwing up that bad! I hope that when you do get to take the test things go well for you and you can have a good outcome.

Marie - that's great about the adoption and I hope things work out for you!

Lenore - glad you guys settled on a boys name and good luck with the girls.

I have an appt. this Wednesday and I get to see some pictures of my LO. I didn't have a 20 week ultrasound since I had one when the amnio was done, so I am very excited about getting to see her again!

Reply With Quote
February 22nd, 2010, 07:43 AM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,801
Hi ladies!

Becky - I would have been very upset, too. You would think that they would be extra careful not to mess things up with pregnant patients. I hope that you are able to just get the 1-hour and that you pass! Oh, and I hope that your shower next Saturday is wonderful -have fun!

Lenore -ah to have warm weather again. We just got another snow. I do know how it feels, though, to be quite pregnant in the heat and humidity. A cool shower was a daily habit for me when I was pregnant with Carson. The humidity is the worst, though. Hope you are able to stay comfortable. And, yay for maybe having a boy's name! I completely understand how that is!

Marie - I do remember reading about Jackson, but didn't know his name. How exciting for you and your family!

AFM - things have been stressful here. First, the good stuff. Carson is doing great -rolling all over the place! We've started solids and I've decided to make all of his food. He especially likes avocado and sweet potatoes. The stressful stuff: I have been having thyroid problems which have apparently been caused by my pregnancy. My thyroid tests were all normal before getting pg, but back in January my OB/Gyn found a mass and my bloodwork is showing that I'm hyperthyroid. I was supposed to have it biopsied this past Friday, but the ENT refused to do it. He wanted to send me to an endocrinologist and let them make the call. His opinion was that my hyperthyroidism needed to be the first step, then biopsy. That is fine, but the endo that they set me up with can't see me until 4/30. We're going to see if I can get in somewhere else. I'm having a lot of neck discomfort and vision problems which is to be expected. I'm just frustrated that nothing ever seems to get resolved quickly when it comes to medical care. Also, we are having tons of problems with my oldest son's school -might have to get an attorney. I hate to have to do that, but we might be at that point now. Well, that's probably more than you all wanted to know!

Here's a pic!


Reply With Quote
February 23rd, 2010, 05:26 AM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,347
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Hi everyone....Sounds like we are all having a difficult week.....

Becky - what a horrible experience....hope u get it straightened out quickly...

Lenore - u can send some of that warm air here...although our temps have been above normal, so we've been out walking...

Marie - sounds exciting...can't wait for an update....

Heather - sorry about that...hope they can get u in someplace else quicker...

AFM - been having some fun...took the weekend off to spend with Matt...DH has been home too, as the warmer weather is causing people not to order oil, so they haven't had enough work for him :-( Matt is rolling over from his tummy to his back all the time now and moving all around in his crib...he's really starting to "talk" a lot too....can't wait for his appt next month to see how much he has grown...here's a recent bedtime pic...


Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
Reply With Quote
February 23rd, 2010, 01:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 5,579
Have to type one-handed as I'm trying to feed Jaylen I'm so sorry everyone seems to be having a difficult week to all! Congrats to Marie for taking on the universe! Can't wait to hear more info about Jackson. I hope everyone gets medical issues cleared up soon. Heather I hope you don't have to bring an attorney in to solve issues at school.

As for us....DH is healing nicely and unfortunately is back to light duty work (the season is starting about a month early due to the great weather & lack of winter). Jaylen is growing like crazy & we can't believe she's two months old already! She has a doctor appt on Thursday so we'll find out then how much she's grown. I'm still really busy, but getting caught up fairly quickly. Mom has been my real issue over the last month. Her health has taken a strange turn and has been going to the doctor once and sometimes twice a week (which I have to take her) and they haven't been short appointments. So once she's seen her doctor we always seem to have to wait for yet another prescription at the pharmacy and then she needs to go grocery shopping. Usually when I'm "dealing" with my mom it turns into an entire day gone. I'm also beginning to wonder if she's losing her mental clarity or if alzheimers may be setting in....because I'm having to explain things to her like a child and usually a dozen times. She has doctor's appointments tomorrow, I'm going to bring this up to both of the doctors (her regular doc and her neurologist).

Reply With Quote
February 23rd, 2010, 03:12 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 16,621
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Wow I am so far behind!
I've been MIA around here, gonna get better.

Only have a sec so not gonna try to catch up on everyone, but wow things are movin!

Had my 6 week post pardum visit today. All is well except I am having to give up breastfeeding, I just can't seem to produce enough milk no matter what I do. Plus with going back to work next week it's just going to get worse.
Also in the official waiting to TTC camp. Got the green light to go for it when we are ready which will be late summer early fall.

CJ is awesome, this week is our trial run at daycare, right now I'm waiting for DH to bring him home. Having withdrawls!!

Reply With Quote
February 26th, 2010, 04:39 AM
Sasix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 12,034
Hi, ladies!! Sorry for being MIA this week, it's just been a busy/stressful one here at work. I'm feeling pretty good overall, but just so exhausted lately. I hope you all are doing good. I'm not going to try to mention everyone, just wanted to say that I love seeing the new pics & so excited about Jackson, Marie.

Workwise, it looks like I'll be dealing with a July layoff. And the big bosses are starting to freak out realizing that I won't be here after the baby arrives for a couple of months. I was hoping to take 3 months, but may not have that option, at least not taking full time off. That's still being worked out and I should know more in the next few weeks.

With DH, he had a job interview Wednesday afternoon and he thinks it went very well. So please keep him in your T&Ps. This job won't give him a higher salary, BUT is back to doing more of what he loves and is only 10 minutes from my work, so much much closer then where he's currently at. They said they'll be making their decision in the next week or so. He's also applied for a few others, so we're hoping he can find something else sometime soon. He's a bit worried about being 40 - 60 minutes away (that's from my current work now) when the baby is ready to be delivered.

Pregnancy wise, my tummy seems to be growing by the minute, I've really popped out, and it's starting to make normal things like putting on socks & shoes a bit difficult to do. DH finds that so funny. Sleep is getting harder to as the night sweats are becoming a nightly occurrence and trying to find a comfortable position for me & Mark is hard. When I get comfortable, he starts stretching & kicking until I move so he's more comfortable. It's funny to see my tummy being stretched, and I remind him that he's still got a couple more months and it's only going to get tighter in there. I have my regular OB appt this afternoon and I dread what the scale will say this time. I've been walking again at lunch and in the evenings & I've been closely watching what I'm eating. 2 weeks ago, I had not gained anything in the past month. I don't expect it to be the same again today, but we'll see. With the 3 hour GTT test, they've decided to make an exception for me and I will go to their office (not a separate off site lab) for the test. They're close by my work and it's just more comfortable, so that's scheduled for next Tuesday. They wouldn't let me just do the 1 hour again, since I'm already at higher risk for the gestational diabetes with having the PCOS and insulin resistance problems. So please keep your crossables crossed for me that I pass this one successfully. My next u/s will be with the peri on March 11th.

I think that's all I have to update on for now. I'm going to enjoy my tea now before everyone starts coming in & bugging me here at work. Have a great day ladies!!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
Reply With Quote
February 26th, 2010, 04:31 PM
daisygarten's Avatar Jenn ~ Mom of 3+2
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central, VA
Posts: 590
Hi Everyone!

Sam, you are wasting NO time! "Green Light" Wow, you go girl.

Becky, I'm so sorry to hear about the job stressors going on. I hope your bosses realize how valuable you are and that you would be worth the wait!

Marie, what an exciting time! Keep us posted.

I just had my 22wk and all is well My placenta is apparently on the front of my belly and that makes it harder for me to feel the baby and slows the speed at which the nurse finds his heartbeat.

Seeing all these cute baby pictures makes me so excited about meeting our little sweetie.
~Jenn Chris
Celeste in heaven,dss (13), dd (11), dsd (10), ds(6)
and Joshua born June 25, 2010

Reply With Quote
February 27th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,389
Heather sounds like you're going through a difficult time on a few fronts. I hope you get things sorted medically so you know what's going on with you. And if you need to find an attorney to get things sorted at your son's school, I hope you can find someone good - must be stressful. As for making Carson's food, good on you! I did that with my first ds and I know some of my friends thought I was crazy, but I was at home and I had the time. Also I grew up with my mum making things from scratch so this sat well with me. With my 2nd ds I was a bit easier on myself and once I started back at work when he was 11 months old I regularly bought jars as well - I read the labels and knew they were still great for him nutritionally, but I guess you can't beat homemade .

Sam how did CJ go with his daycare trial run?

Jess it must be pretty exhausting having a new baby, working and with your Mom - I hope that your having to repeat things isn't a sign of alzheimer's .

Tashley hope you get some great pics of your little girl!

good luck with your 3 hr GTT Becky!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0