Log In Sign Up

Mark's Birth Story & some pics

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Sasix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 12,034
I don't remember if I posted the few days before having Mark about the docs taking me out of work or not. I "think" I did, but can't remember for sure. As I'm sure you understand how at this point, the days and what all happened are a bit of a blur. The docs basically said the tests showed I was on my feet too much and at that point on I needed to be on modified bedrest. What's funny to us now, is the docs also told me I had practically zero chance of labor starting on its own and scheduled my induction for Tuesday evening, May 4th. Little Mark obviously had his own plans, and preferred to come out before he could be evicted. LOL!!

Everything started Saturday. I woke up that morning around 2am with contractions. They were @ 10 minutes apart, lasting @ 30 seconds, and started in my belly, a tightening & pressure, and then would move to my back area. It was so different from the few braxton hicks I'd had here & there, so it was exciting as well as a bit frightening realizing that this was real. I knew this if this was really it, it was what they call early labor and could last for a while, even several days. I waited until Tony woke up and then took the 1st of many hot showers to relieve the back pressure. Then we waited and timed them all day long. During this time, silly me also took the car to the dealership for service. Tony was mowing the grass, and I decided to go and just wait for it at the dealership. To me it made perfect sense, I could either sit at home and watch Tony mow the grass and time the contractions, or I could get something accomplished and sit & time the contractions at the same time. Now I will admit, that it was so funny how fast they performed the service though, guess they didn't want a pg woman delivering a baby there. LOL! Tony was so sweet that day and kept checking on me, reminding me to breathe, kept bringing me water, snacks, took several walks with me, cooked me a nice dinner (steaks on the grill), just so sweet. Tony & I even went out shopping for a few errands, but pretty much stayed at home and watched a few movies to distract me.

The contractions started getting closer & closer & much more intense. I think that's when it really hit the 2 of us that we were going to have little Mark possibly that very day. When the contractions were consistently under 5 minutes apart, we called the doc - this was around 5:30pm. He wanted us to wait a bit longer, or until my water broke. He still acted like it could still be like this for a day or so, and wanted us to just monitor things and call him back if the water broke or if they continued to get closer. He preferred we'd wait until they were 2-3 minutes apart and lasting about 1 minute each time. It seemed like no sooner then a few minutes after getting off the phone with him that I felt a small gush. I immediately thought that it was my water breaking, but wasn't completely sure at the same time, as it wasn't a huge amount of water coming out. I guess Mark's head was low enough to create a plug to keep most of it in me. This was @ 6:30pm and contractions started becoming closer together & were @ 3 minutes apart. We called the doc and headed into the hospital. At this point, the contractions started to get even more painful & intense so I asked for the epidural as soon as we got to the hospital. When they checked me, it was confirmed it was my water that had broken as I also had some bloody show as well. I was dilated to 4 1/2 centimeters so they gave me the epidural right away. Unfortunately though, it didn't last so around midnight they had to give me another one. I had to be one of the "lucky ones" as it is rare for them to stop working like that. After that, my labor didn't progress very fast and we both tried to get some sleep and rest as best we could waiting for my body to dilate more so we could finally meet Mark. They started the picotin @ 5am, but Mark's heartrate kept dropping so they had to keep stopping it and then would try it again. I believe they tried 3 times, before giving up on that, and had me on oxygen as well. I believe that they said I got as far as 8 centimeters dilation, but nothing beyond that though, and @ 6:00ish am on Sunday I developed a fever which could indicate an infection. Also we were close to the 12 hour mark of the water breaking, so decision was made to perform a c-section. Not quite how I wanted things to go, but most important was healthy baby & healthy me. Mark was delivered at 9:45, he was 6 pounds 10 ounces, 20 inches length and was crying immediately. They took him to NICU as a precaution of the infection but was released to us on Tuesday. We both got to come home together on Wednesday. Now we're learning to be Mommy & Daddy and although exhausting, loving every moment. Breastfeeding was challenging to begin with, but is getting better & easier as each day passes. I'm taking it pretty easy, and hope the pain from the incision heals quickly. I have a followup appt with the OB Thursday.

Now some pics -

1st family pic - not the best, but still special.

so alert & eyes wide open

things are always better when snuggling with Daddy

Heading home from hospital - Yay!! This the same outfit Daddy wore home, but poor little Mark is swimming in it. He's so tiny right now.

1 week old - wow! Taken Sunday.


Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
Reply With Quote
May 11th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,797
Wow Becky, he is adorable! He seems so alert for a week old. I'm sorry you ended up with a c/s, I know you didn't want one, but I hope you are healing quickly. I'm glad to hear b/f is going well. It is really tough and takes some time for it to click. I'm proud of you for hanging in there. Enjoy every minute with that little man, he really is a cutie. And let Tony spoil you all he wants
Jesus loving, homeschooling, gardening lover, devoted wife to a wonderful hubby and 10 kids, ages 13 down to 12.5 months . We are expecting number 11 due January 1st, 2015.

Reply With Quote
May 11th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,389
Congratulations again Becky and Tony!! What great family pics (your dh looks more worn out than you!! )

Mark is such a little cutie - enjoy!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
Reply With Quote
May 11th, 2010, 05:00 PM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Upper Michigan
Posts: 1,308
Hes so tiny and cute. Sorry you had to end up with a c section but glad your both doing well. *hugs* Congratulations Becky and Tony
Me~42 Dh~43
DD~17 yrs, DS~16yrs, DD~8yrs

Reply With Quote
May 11th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Kellica's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 945
I told you I'd come out of lurkdom to congratulate you. Wow is he adorable! I'm sorry things didn't go as planned, but he is here and healthy and that's what matters. I hope your feeling better and that you got to officially enjoy your 1st Mother's Day!!! Congratulations again!
Reply With Quote
May 11th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,033
He is absolutely gorgeous, Becky.

Reply With Quote
May 11th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 28,175
Congratulations mama! He is just beautiful! Enjoy!!

Lucky mother to five!

Reply With Quote
May 12th, 2010, 08:20 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 16,621
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
He is such a doll!! Congrats Sweety!!

Reply With Quote
May 12th, 2010, 01:36 PM
kimberley228's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orting, WA
Posts: 1,086
Send a message via MSN to kimberley228
He's so sweet, Becky! Congratulations!

Reply With Quote
May 13th, 2010, 03:54 PM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,801
He's beautiful, Becky! I hope that your recovery is going smoothly. It's hard to believe that he is finally here! I know that his birth didn't go the way you expected, but so happy that you both are doing well -that's what counts!

Reply With Quote
May 17th, 2010, 05:36 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,347
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
OMG Becky...I can't believe that he's here......he is absolutely adorable....enjoy your time with Mark and DH!!!!

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0