Feeling really witchy

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know that you all have probably heard enough of my MIL stories (really wish I had an awesome one like some of you ladies) but last week she was at it again. Okay, maybe I am just being a total but it seems really odd that she went from 'had a stroke' on Tuesday to 'has pnuemonia' on Wednesday to 'released from hospital' on Thursday morning.
The back story is that DH got a message that his mother was in IN (returned from FL so she could have hand surgery about a week ago today) and had suffered a stroke on Tuesday morning. According to SIL, MIL was going in and out of consciousness so DH asked his bosses if he could have an emergency three day leave of absence because she was so ill. I call SIL on Wednesday morning (DH had left on his 12+ hour drive in the wee hours) only to be told that now it is not a stroke, but merely pneumonia. . . maybe. DH was already close to halfway there, so he went on because he had no idea if they would decide later that she really had suffered a stroke. When I talk to DH on Wednesday night, he tells me that they are going to release his mother on Thursday morning, with the understanding that DH would be there on Friday to take care of her. SIL had other things to do on Friday and MIL's SO stated he had to get things done as well so DH had to stay there until this morning. He was not able to leave until 9 am today due to MIL stating "you cannot leave until you kiss me goodbye so you can leave after I wake up on Saturday morning".
So, DH has missed three days of work, had to get a note from MILs doctor showing he was in IN taking care of her and will be driving until sometime late tonight. I honestly wonder if she did something to cause herself to appear sick to see if her sons would come running to her bedside. The 'good' child aka my DH made a 12+ hour drive whereas BIL (who only lives 1.5 hours away) did not show up at all. The thing she does not realize is that now she has cried 'wolf', it will be harder for DH to get time off work when she may really be sick. He cannot afford to get points (which he would if he missed work without prior approval and a doctor's note) at his job so unless we get word that she is actually dead, there is little chance he can make the trip again this year.
Sorry, this is so long, but I am just really irked and I don't want to blow up on him when he gets home. I mean it isn't his fault that his mother is a total witch who expects the world to revolve around her.

March 12th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you vented here, because like you said, it's not his fault and it just means he is a good person for wanting to go straight to his mother when she had a stroke. So vent away!! The fact that she did not have a stroke....well who lies about that sort of thing anyway?? I just can't comprehend the docs telling your SIL something and then her ringing and telling your dh something else...why? To make him take the trip because she didn't want to look after her mother when she got out of hospital????

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
March 12th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
MIL is really, really high maintenance and I honestly think that SIL just came up with something she had to do so she didn't have to take care of her. Guess she figures once DH is back here, she will get her share of dealing with her mother.

March 12th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that really sucks, vent away!

Lucky mother to five!

March 15th, 2011, 02:15 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Just read this! She does continue to sound like a real winner....
Hope things are better now that DH is home!

March 15th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Everything is great now that DH is home.

March 16th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Sasix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She is such a witch! I'm sorry DH had to make that trip, and so so happy you're far away from her now and don't have to deal daily with this crap.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search