Have you used Vitex to shorten your cycles?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Hi Everyone.

I went off BCP at the end of July and started TTC right away. I had been on continuous birth control since I was diagnosed with Endo in 2009. My first cycle off BCP was 32 days, I wasn't tracking BBT and my period was so light that I have a feeling it was an annovulatory cycle. Second cycle was 54 days and this time I tracked BBT so I know I ovulated. I'm currently on day 20 of cycle 3 and haven't ovulated yet. I've had EWCM for the past week but OPKs are negative...looks like I'm in for another long cycle.

I know it takes a while to regulate after BCP but if there is anything naturally I can do to help regulate my cycles, I want to try it! The problem is, I keep seeing conflicting info on the internet about the use of Vitex, raspberry leaf tea, etc. for people with endometriosis. Some sources say it makes endometriosis worse while others say it makes it better.

Have you taken anything to regulate your cycles? Did they help? Any other insight or experience?
November 28th, 2018, 01:05 PM
Hi

I have conceived 2 times so far with Vitex. No idea if it really helped or not. I do feel it did because it s the only different thing I did both times.

Regarding endometriosis, I got told by 2 docs that I have it at u/s but never did any other investigation.

I don't think all women react the same to it due to many other factors. You can try it one month, on a minimum dose, and see how and if you see any changes.

It can have a strong impact, so don t start on a high dose.

Also, first time I weaned off of it and I miscarried. Second time, due to bleeding I stopped immediately and went on to have a healthy baby boy. So I think it doesn't matter how you stop it but if the pregnancy is viable or not.

Good luck!

Last edited by aaliyahmada; November 28th, 2018 at 01:14 PM.

Tags
endometriosis, long cycles, ttc, ttc after birth control, vitex

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search