TTC after 1st Miscarriage

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Hi I am new to the Group I had a miscarriage on Monday evening. I started hurting real bad with brown discharge which quickly turned bright red with clots. I went to the ER where I passed the baby. I went to my OB and a u/s confirmed that the baby was gone by I still had 2 mm of endometrial lining so my ob did a D&C the next hour. I just wanted to know how long to wait. My OB hasn't said she just said wait 2 weeks to B/D. I was only 11 weeks along but the baby stopped growing a 6 weeks. We never saw a heartbeat just a fetal pole my OB was hoping for the best. How long did you wait to TTC. We are waiting until after my first AF, but we are going on a romantic gettaway after the 2 week period. We are not trying but we we are not going to prevent.
May 5th, 2013, 07:44 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
First off, I am so sorry for your loss.
Some OBs recommend waiting 1 natural period after miscarriage before TTC again. Since you had a D&C and it was later first term missed miscarriage, I would wait until after your first post miscarriage period.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 6th, 2013, 07:01 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
First of all, I am so incredibly sorry for your loss!!! I had a D&C in March when I should have been 12 weeks pregnant (I had a missed miscarriage). Every Dr. and every article online will tell you something different about ttc after a miscarriage. I can only tell you what my Dr. told me. He said that I would/should ovulate before I got my first period and that it would be totally fine if I got pregnant then.

<HUGS> I truly hope you heal quickly, both emotionally and physically and can start ttc again very soon!!!
May 6th, 2013, 07:30 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so very sorry for your loss. The time to wait is really different for every woman and every situation. I would ask your doctor to see what they think.

I had a D&C at 12 weeks and my doctor initially said to wait for one natural period as well. I however, ended up having some other miscarriage related issues my doctor discovered that made me have to wait longer. Which is why I think consulting your doctor is so important.

I am so sorry for all you are going through and please feel free to join us here any time you need support. This is an amazing group of women who have been so helpful to me through everything.

Cautiously expecting Seamonkey #2 Due Oct 4th

Missing our angels:
Molar pregnancy loss (12 weeks) - 1/2013
Missed Miscarriage (10 weeks) - 6/2013
Early Miscarriage (5 weeks) - 12/2016

May 6th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Just keep breathing.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

I too was told to wait to conceive until after one natural cycle. After a D&C, sometimes your lining doesn't restore itself properly. If you did conceive, the embryo might not have a healthy place to implant.

I think it's wonderful that you and your husband have a romantic getaway planned, and can spend that time focusing on each other.
May 6th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry for your loss. My OB and RE each told me that after a D&C, they like to see the uterine tissue cycle once through before TTC... which means I could start TTCing after my first post-D&C period (which happened about 5-6 weeks after the D&C). They said that when the pregnancy is farther along, the placenta leaves more of an imprint, and then they'd recommend waiting longer. My D&Cs were at 7wks and 9wks. Since your baby stopped growing at 6 wks, it probably didn't leave a very big mark on your uterus, so you're probably OK if you wait until after your first post D&C AF to start trying again. Again, I'm so sorry. Even at 11 weeks, it's so so hard.
May 6th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Thanks Everyone
May 8th, 2013, 10:50 AM
I am sorry for your loss. This happened to me and I was so scared to try a second time but I got up enough courage and we conceived and had a beautiful baby boy and no problems occurred.
May 8th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Super Mommy
I am so sorry for your loss, I was also 11 weeks but had a missed miscarriage. I haven't seen my doctor yet (next week) but from what I've read every doctor says different things depending how far along, whether it was natural miscarriage or a D & C.

03/13 - missed miscarriage at 11 weeks
May 8th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Hippielovelocks's Avatar Regular
Wishing you the best of luck and I'm sorry to here about your loss.

Trying for our second Rainbow since April 2012

We don't know how strong we are until
being strong is the only choice we have.
Never Give Up Hope
May 8th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry for your loss.

These ladies all had great advice.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search