Tell us...

Forum: First Time Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To First Time Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2008, 11:09 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
about your SO/DH/hubby/whatever you call that person!

My DH's name is Jason, he's 25, and we met in middle school (LONG time ago). He's currently working as a respiratory therapist around Boston. He has surprised me with how fatherly he's been. He loves to spend time with Elise (when she's not cranky), and he is thinking about changing jobs so he can see her more. He is probably the most hard-working person I know. He had a rough time in high school, and I am so proud of what he's accomplished since then. Gosh I love that man.

July 10th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
my DH is Dae (pronounced "day"). He's 26 and works for the county as a Park Ranger. He's very driven and focused and hardworking. He dropped out of high school at 16 and got kicked out of his house but he got his GED and Associate's and is working on his BA now. He's done extremely well for himself (and for me), especially considering everything he's gone through.

He's excited about the baby, but a bit scared. We'll see how he does when the baby gets here. I think he's going to be an amazing father.

July 10th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Veteran
My SO is justin. He is 19 and we met at Fire fighting school! heh, he threw rocks at me.... we are very different but i think we teach each other many things that way. He is a laborer, doesnt want to school or anything just work with his hands. I have no job and he takes care of me and my brother and mostly works 55-60 hours does overtime just so we can make it. He is a very hard worker and hopes to become a paid fireman some day. He would dp anything for me and is the last thing from lazy. He is gonna be a great daddy!

July 10th, 2008, 09:55 PM
JCT2005's Avatar Teddy's Mom
My DH is Corey, he's 29. He's a great father to our son Teddy. Strict at times but very loving. Teddy is his little buddy. I knew Corey would be a great father when he met my niece when we were only dating a few weeks and saw how great he is with kids. He's like a big kid himself, and kids on both sides of our family love him. Corey is a manager at Burger King and you know he was well liked there when people will stop us to say hi to him, even people he hasn't worked with in years. He's friendly and very protective of his family. He also likes to pick on me but always puts me and Teddy before himself. His family comes first, before work or his own needs. He would do anything for me and Teddy just like I would do anything for him and Teddy. He's very easy going and even when I first met him I felt like I knew him forever because he made me so comfortable around him. We are husband and wife but also best friends. When I was pregnant with Teddy he was at every doctor's appointment with me. He was even with me when I took the pregnancy test, he checked it before I did. He got very offended when a family member commented that he didn't have to be at every appoinment. He said it was his son too and he was going to be there. That was his first job as a father was to be there even if Teddy wasn't born yet.

Overall Corey is a great easy going guy that you never want to be mad at you. Because he has a bad temper, luckily it doesn't come out too often.

July 11th, 2008, 05:46 AM
Jandi, my hubby wants to be a career firefighter too! However, our town only has 4 full timers and a bunch on oncall firefighters, so thats what he does.

July 11th, 2008, 08:13 PM
JamieLea
Met DH at a bar one happy hour night - when we were set up shamelessly by mutual friends but we've been together ever since. He's such a great daddy and said he's slowly getting ready for number 2 - if it was up to me we'd be pregnant already! He works as a retail manager while in the process of becoming a corrections officer
July 12th, 2008, 03:27 AM
Karlie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Josh is 27 and he owns a roof tiling business...he's from new zealand and has been in australia for 5 years. We met because I was dating his best friend...and subsequently cheated with Josh. haha (the guy was a real wanker anyway) and the rest is history! I always knew Josh would be an awesome dad but he always said he never wanted to have kids I think because of the bad relationship he had with his father...he's been amazing with Noah though (definately more patient than I am) and the other night he made my heart melt when he said "I can't believe I thought I didn't want to be a dad..." Awwww. Bring on baby #2!

July 14th, 2008, 04:27 AM
What sweet stories ladies.

July 14th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Boochimomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Boochimomma Send a message via Yahoo to Boochimomma
My DF is 23 years old and he is one of the lead computer technicians for the local schools, he has also taken on a second job at VIP (auto parts store). He is the sweetest thing ever and when I see Cadence and him together I just melt.

~*Thank you *Sharon*
for my awesomely awesome siggy!!*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search