Log In Sign Up

Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2007, 05:39 PM
kclefeb78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,538
As many of you know this was a very hard pregnancy (as well as trying to conceive these two little ones). But seeing their cute little faces every day makes it all totally worth it and if I know now what I do I still would have done it anyways.

I conceived the twins via IVF and 2 of my eggs were implanted back inside me on 2/24. My pregnancy test (blood drawn) appointment was for 3/8...but of course I could not wait that long so I took a HPT on 3/4 and it came back negative. I was a little upset but did not panic yet because I knew it was still early. So I took it again on 3/5 and it came back positive! I was ecstatic!!! I took another one on 3/6 just to make sure and that one came back positive as well! Then panic set in...I started spotting that afternoon. I called the doctor and they said if my HPT was positive it might just be implantation bleeding and they would no more once I come in for my blood test. So 3/8 rolls around and I have my blood drawn and get the results, it was another positive! The next day my spotting got heavier so the doctor did an u/s to see what was going on. That is where he saw two sacs but no heartbeats yet b/c it was still too early. He thought the bleeding may be one of the babies miscarrying So I was to just take the wait and see what happens approach. On 3/27 I went to lunch with my dad and DH and I went to use the bathroom. There I passed a clot the size of a baseball. I panicked and called the doctor and they told me to come right in and have an ultrasound. I thought I miscarried one or both the babies but when they did the ultrasound they found two little heartbeats! I was so surprised. They also found a subchorionic hematoma. I was turned over to my OB who scheduled ultrasounds to watch and make sure that the hematoma did not get any bigger. They were hoping that my body would just reabsorb it and also that it would not effect the babies. Well from 6 weeks till 20 weeks I would have heavy bleeding episodes (and I think I panicked every time! that and I was stupid and read about it on the internet and freaked myself out!). I was put on modified bed rest and taken out of work at 6 weeks.

Well once they bleeding stopped and I hit the half way mark other issues started. At 23 weeks I started having contractions that had to be stopped by terbutaline (this happened about 3 times). I was scheduled for NST's two times a week starting at 24 weeks. My cervix also shortened. Then I came done with GD. I also got PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension). At 30 weeks (4 days after my baby shower) I ended up in the hospital for 5 days b/c of contractions, raised BP, and a positive FFN test. Since my contractions started getting more frequent my OB but me on full bed rest and set me up with a home healthcare nurse and a terbutaline pump so I would not have to run up to L&D to be checked and monitored each time. Well that was good for about a week or so. At 32 weeks/3 days I was monitoring myself at home and I kept having contractions so the HHC nurse told me to take a bolis shot (bonus shot of terbutaline from the pump) and re-monitor. Well I did this 3 times. The nurse then told me to check my BP and it was high so she told me to go straight to L&D and she would tell them I am coming. Well… I had sent DH to the grocery store to do our "monthly" shopping and he was not getting a signal in the store so I called my dad to take me up to the hospital. He was so excited; he tells everyone he "got the call!" (LOL)

Well I went to the hospital on 9/20 and they brought me right back to an actual room instead of a monitoring room and said they would check me in and monitor me during the night and see what is going on with my contractions and BP. They started me on BP meds also. On Friday morning the doctor came and checked me and the contractions still have not caused me to dilate passed the 1-cm. So I thought I was going to get to go home. I called my DH and made sure he was not busy at work incase they released me b/c I needed a ride home. I also told my mom her and my dad were ok to go stay at their place on the beach for the weekend b/c I don't think I would be delivering the babies over the weekend. Well the doctor came and checked my contractions and BP and she said it was not going down so she was putting me on mag sulfate and I would have to stay. So I called back DH and said I was staying and told him to just come up after work and to bring me some stuff. Well after being on the mag sulfate my BP was still a little high and they were concerned I would seize or stroke out (scary!) so they scheduled me for a c-section at 3:00 pm that day (9/21). That threw me off. I was like "are you serious???" Am I suppose to call my family and husband to tell them. The doctor said yes, if I wanted them to be there. So I called DH and told him never mind, he didn't have to come after work...he needed to come right now! They were delivering me at 3:00 pm! I also called my mom and told her that her and dad should no longer go down to the beach. Everyone was surprised. So after I called everyone to come they started the mag sulfate. I was not aloud to eat or drink while on the mag so of course once they told me that I was dying of thirst and was starving! I was supposed to have my c-section at 3:00 pm but I kept getting pushed back b/c I guess there were other c-sections scheduled at that time. The NICU doctor came in and started telling me the procedure for babies born early and what will happen, etc. Just as she started talking to me my water broke. It felt like someone poured a huge bucket of water in my lap, I was completely soaked! The NICU doctor ran out and got the nurse and I was told it "was go time." I was bumped up right away (I guess the boys did not like the fact they weren't the priority).

So I get wheeled into the operating room and they placed the spinal (which I don’t really even remember feeling) and then DH came in. The doctor began the c-section and when the babies were being born the Anesthesiologist put up a mirror so I could see the babies being pulled out. At 4:17 pm out came Vaughan James and at 4:19 pm out came Jansen Ray! I just remembering thinking are those really my babies and what is with ALL that hair??? DH said they cried when they came out but I don't remember hearing them I do remember the nurse bringing the babies to me to kiss them good-bye and off they went to NICU. My whole family got to see the babies in NICU but I was unable to see them until I was off the mag sulfate...so I did not see my babies until 7:00 pm the next day. The mag sulfate was the worst part about the delivery...everything else seemed to go just fine.

So at 7:00 pm on 9/22 I got to see my babies and all I can remember thinking was I can’t believe they are finally here! It was a long hard road...but it was worth every minute! My babies are finally here!

On 10/1 I was released from the hospital. I had to stay because after they took me off the mag by BP sky rocketed! At one point it was up to 210/97. On 10/10 Vaughan came home and on 10/25 Jansen came home!

Sorry this is SOOOO long, but thanks for reading


***Thank you Kara for my awesome siggy!***

Reply With Quote
May 21st, 2008, 05:57 PM
breea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 46350
Posts: 2,796
Well at 20 wks i started trbutaline to stop the contractions i was having. ui had to stop that cause it was causing me to have many panik attack and they put me on another med that i can't think of the name of right now. That held things off til jan 3 when i ended up in L and D in pre term labor. I got terbutiline shot and them magnisium for 2 days and they sent us home. I called the dr's office to see if shhould up my meds since i new i could. The dr wasn't there so i talked to the nurse practioner. She said you have an appoint on monday talk to her then. Well i never made it that far. On jan 10 i was back in the hospital in pre term labor agian, but this time the mag didn't work to stop it. The kept me there just waiting and seeing what would happen. On Jan 12 at about 630 i got up to go to the bathroom and my water broke eveything was rushed for my c-section.

Samuel Dean was born at 1005 weighing 3lbs
Daniel Stephen was born at 1007 weighing 3lbs 3 ozs.

They were transfered to a NICU hospital for 8 and 9 weeks but did welll\. they are happy and healthy 2 and 1/2 year olds now.

Reply With Quote
September 17th, 2008, 10:36 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 5,482
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Well, Tuesday arrived and my mother, my hubby, and my excited self made our way to the hospital. I was soooo looking forward to that day, I was really surprised I even slept the night before. I get there and they take my blood and set me up on the NST. That seemed to take forever!!! The boys were having a ball in there so it was hard to get a good reading. Not to mention I was contracting!!! I wasn't in labor though...it was just the position they had me in. Well eventually I got my amnio and their lungs were definitely ready. Their cut-off number is 50 and they boys were at 87 maturity! WOOHOO. Now it was time to decide on c/s or induction. Cameron was head down but Kiefer was diagonal with his head at Cameron's waist. He'd probably go head down at birth, but I was too afraid of him changing his mind. I just couldn't bare the idea of both vaginal or c/s, so I guess I wussed out and went for the c/s. Everyone was telling me that was the better choice. I'm happy I decided something and that was all I could do. I wanted these boys out and any way they did it was fine by me at this point.

They hooked me up to a spinal epidural which took a long time since I have a high tolerance for pain meds...owie!!! The c/s itself was SOOOOO weird feeling a lot of pressure and hard to breathe. They sent in my hubby and he looked scared to death watching me having to force myself to breathe, but he was so comforting to have there. Well, I could hear the doctor was having trouble getting Cameron out (he was first even with the c/s) so he had to use forceps and the same with Kiefer. Stubborn boys didn't want to leave home! They showed them to me as they came out. I was crying they were so beautiful, and I was so relieved they were ok!!

After the birth of the boys I was sent back to the recovery room. The boys had to go to the nursery since they appeared to have some difficulty breathing but they turned out to be just fine! they did a check-up on Kiefer too and his kidneys are working completely normal now!

June 27 (day I returned from the hospital): Well, I've been doing great! My itchiness is worse now than before and my edema has made it even more difficult to walk, but all in all, I have two wonderful boys to show for all this! I am not complaining. I'm sore as all heck though which is to be expected after surgery. Jason has been so incredible through all this. he's a proud dad, loves his boys tremendously. He's been pampering me meanwhile and just doing every thing he can to help me walk around and care for these boys.

Now since I'm home, I think things are going to get easier. OOO I hear them. Time to feed them!!! My dogs gets a little freaked out hearing them, but they've been so good. I'll update you all later on that. I'm sorry I couldn't get online in the hospital. HORRIBLE reception!! I'm just so happy to be home again.

BTW, Cameron Frank was born at 2:22pm at 6lbs 3oz, and Kiefer Charles was born 2:25pm at 5lbs 14oz.

I was actually quite surprised at how different they look. My dad had the same concern when he visited and was totally shocked he could tell them apart. Kiefer is definitely a smaller baby mainly because he has dark brown hair and a smaller head than Cameron's. He's almost always giving us a grimace which is why I call him Li'l Grimace. He's SOO adorable! He's got this soft cry which is actually quite sweet to listen to. He's sleeping a lot and tends to sleep during his feedings which is common for preterms. Cameron has slightly lighter hair with this either grey streak or very light blond streak in his hair. it honestly looks grey to me which is soooo cute!!! He has this adorable thing where he squeezes his cheeks when he drinks from the bottle. He also likes to have his hands on the bottle when he's not squeezing his cheeks. I've been calling him my little chipmunk since he looks like a chipmunk when he does that to his cheeks. That name hasn't caught on with the rest of the family but my evil plan of passing on silly names will work eventually!!!! MUHAHAHAHHA. OK seriously though, they both have such sweet personalities already. Of course, this may be the quiet before the storm, but for now they drink and sleep well and they just like to look around and figure out their environment.

Here's the link to some pics of the boys I posted in the July '08 playroom:
Eliza - Wife to husband, Jason. Mother to twin boys, Cameron and Kiefer (6-24-08)

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
Reply With Quote
July 30th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23
Mine is posted under "mom2my3boyz."
Amanda - Mom to:
Quinn 12/08/2003
Gavyn & Kendric 09/15/2005

Reply With Quote
January 4th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
Mine started off on May 19th 2008.. i was 39 weeks 4 days pregant with my identical twin girls. i was sceduled to have them via c-section 1 day before their due date which was may 22nd 2008..

i went for a non stress test and so during it Lyla (twin B) heart rated dropped some so the nurse went and called my dr to see if we should go ahead and do the c-section that day or wait a bit since it went back up and my dr decided that we should have the babies that day on the 19th. my poor fiance and our oldest daughter had to drive an hour back home to get all of our stuff and another hour to get back to the hospital i was at. I also had to call my midwife and friends and family that wanted to be in the waiting room.

Well i had the girls at 3:42pm and 3:43pm with no complications at all Purity was 6lbs 9oz 20 inches long and Lyla was 3lbs 15.5oz 18 inches long.

Later that day after recover room time and the vistors took a quick peek at the girls it was time to nurse them. Lyla twin B threw her milk back up and Purity twin A took to nursing great .. Lyla was giving some formula by syringe to see if she could keep that down and she couldnt so she was put on an iv for fluids and had to she had to be in a warmer all night long to keep her body tempature up to where it should be..

the next morning we were told that she was going to be transferd to a bigger hospital via ambulance so she can be in their nicu and get the help she need with keeping her body tempature up and tolerate feedings. I was able to take Purity home with me the same day i was released from the hospital . it was so sad cuz i was expecting that i made it so far in my pregnacy that both of my babies would be home with me when i did

Lyla stayed in the nicu for 13 days and now they are both healthy and happy 2 1/2 year olds who love to chase their big sister around
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0