Log In Sign Up

Wyatt and Emerson's Birth 7-16-07

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2009, 07:43 AM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,092
Pre-term labor
With my pre-term labor I was around 27 weeks. I woke in the middle of the night to some mild cramping ( I don't know if it was the cramping or if I just needed to go to the restroom) I got up, went to the restroom then went back to bed, but could seem to get comfortble or fall back to sleep. But I still has some cramping so I started looking at the clock everytime one started and the seemed to be coming pretty regularly maybe every 10-15 mins. Not anything painfully just uncomfortable.

Around 2ish I woke up DH and told him what was going on and we talked about what we thought we should do as it's a 45 min drive to the Hosp. We decided to call the ER, and talked with the Nurse to then transfered my phone call to the OB Nurse that was working that night. (Thankfully they were VERY familiar with me). I told her what was going on and she thought I had better come in but was going to call my Dr to make sure then call me back. About 5 minutes later (if even) she called back and said that my Dr. wanted me to come in. So we woke Kaeden and got loaded up in the Van and headed over to the Hosp.

When we got their the Nurses OB and the ER (thankfully ER wasn't busy) (VERY small Hosp, only 28 beds total) got be all hooked up to everything and my Dr arrived. Come to find out I was having contractions every 3 minutes. Thankfully my cervix was closed but was effected (I don't know how much) So I recieved an IV with saline in it for Dehydration and was given a shot of Trebutaline(sp?) which did nothing after 2 more shots my contractions started to slow down and they send me for an U/S first thing when the Tech arrived for work. Babies were great and cervix was closed. But I continued to have contractions so I was to stay in the Hosp. overnight for monitering. During the day they switch my from Treb to Procardia as the Treb made my Blood suger sky rocket ( I had GD) Those seem to help much more then the Treb.

My contractions finally stopped after they me off the saline, they think that the added fluids was causing my bladder to get to full which was why my contractions where stopping like they should have.

Anyways, I stayed over night and when home on Modifed Bed Rest. Kaeden when to my MIL's for a couple of days and I was NOT to be the primary caregiver for him, pretty much I was to sit on the couch and vegg out until my appt with the Peri.

I stayed on the Procadia, 1 pill every 6 hrs, up until 34 weeks. I had them at 37.5 weeks


I went in on Monday July 16th for my scheduled induction. Which actually started around 9:45am, after about an hour of the nurses trying to put in an IV.. ( it took them 7 tries!!) After that they started then IV then up the Pit every 15 min. I was already contraction on my own and was at 3 cm so they just wanted to make them stronger.

Around 1ish the Dr came in and broke my water and I was at 5 cm.. things seemed to become much more painful after that.. I'm not for sure what time I asked for the drugs.... I want to say around 3 ish... they gave me something in my IV that made be feel drunk.. then about an hr later I got an epi ( which I will never have again! if I can help it) I felt awful!!! From the time I got it until about 1ish the next morning I was very nasous. With any major movement, like rolling from back to side, etc.. I would throw up.
And I hated not being about to do anything. I was numb from chest to toes.. my arms and fingers were tingly. I could move them but I really had to think about it.

Anyways... around 6ish I was dialated to 10cm so we headed to the OR, it took about 7 nurses to move be from the bed to the OR table... (I couldn't help at all, it was awful! and I vomited again!) Once I was one the table and ready then nurse told me to go ahead and push , so we could start getting Wyatt more into postion before the Dr showed up.... I started pushing and She immediately told me to stop.. He was already ready.. so as soon as the Dr showed up.. 2 pushed later at 6:49 pm Wyatt Charles arrived into the world weighing 7 lbs 5 oz and was 20 3/4 inches. AND.. I vomited again.. (nice to know that shortly after I brought my son into the world I vomited.. even have it on tape!.. ) After that the Dr said that Emerson didn't seem to want to come down. he could feel her arm and her cord, so he didn't want to break her water yet.... She also started to not recover from the contractions.. SO the Dr decided it was time for a C-section.. from there I don't remember anything. Jason and my sister got kicked out of the room and I was put under.. apparently it was an emergancy.. and I was cut vertically ( 40 staples)..
Emerson Lavonne arrived into the world at 7:14 weighing 6lbs 3oz and was 18 3/4 inches long.

I don't recall what time I wake up.. but I was back in the labor room and Wyatt was there but Emerson was sent to the nursery for observation. Some time later they took us Upstairs to the post partum rooms where I got to see Emerson in the nursery as they wheeled me by. Wyatt came up with us too.

Shortly after that Emerson was sent to the NICU. She was having a hard time breathing. She was there until Tuesday evening around 10:30. I knew that she might be coming up but it all depended on how Her feeding went. Jason went down there around 9:30ish just to see how she was and when he came back up.. SHE WAS WITH HIM!!! What a wonderful moment!

We finally came home friday(6-20-07) about 4:30. Wyatt is home on a Bili Blanket and Emerson has slight Jaundice too, but hers was already starting to go down she she didn't have to have one..

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0