Log In Sign Up

William & Edward's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tundrababy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Mom2twins2010's Avatar AverageMom
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,189
I’d been joking about how much cooler it would be to have the babies in 2010 instead of 2009, for a while I didn’t know if I’d make it that far because I was so exhausted, but apparently I did. LOL
I was 35.3 weeks along on January 1st 2010, I woke up around 11:00am & hopped in the shower. Around 11:30am, I used the bathroom and when I wiped, there was a teeny tiny drop of blood… it was so small, I wasn’t even sure it was blood. But I called the OB clinic just in case something was wrong; they were closed because it was a holiday so it transferred me to the Maternity ward. The nurse I spoke to told me it would be best to come in and get checked out just to be on the safe side. I called my mom to come and get me and take me to the hospital. Jody was working in the daytime, but since I didn’t really think anything was going to happen, I didn’t bother calling him or texting him until I was at the hospital and spoke to the doctor.
We got to the hospital around 12:35pm, and I ended up staying for about two hours. They gave me an exam and I was still 2cm dilated and 50% effaced, just like I was the previous Wednesday at my regular check up. They sent me home, told me they’d see me in a month or so (my actual due date was February 3rd). I sent Jody a text message letting him know I’d spent two hours at the hospital and that everything was fine, that I was on my way home. Me and mom joked in the parking lot about how it would be funny if I had to come back that day. I asked her to stop at McDonald's because I wanted a fillet o’ fish really bad…. Which was strange because I HATE fish. So we went through the drive thru, she dropped me off at my place and she went home (she lives next door). I walked in the door, put my lunch on my computer desk and noticed that my dog had torn up some garbage on the floor. I bent over to pick it up and felt a pop, I thought I peed my pants. I always thought that when your water broke, it was a big gush of fluid, so I didn’t think at all that was happening to me. I figured maybe they messed up my bladder during my exam at the hospital. I changed my pants and underwear and sat down in front of my computer to eat my McDonalds. The dogs started barking because someone was at the door, I stood up to go answer it, and all of a sudden I felt wet and warm and noticed fluid running down my leg. I opened the door thinking it was my mom or dad, and it was one of my husband’s friends Matt. He asked how I was, I told him that Jody was at work and now wasn’t a good time because my water just broke. You should have seen the poor guys’ face LMAO. He asked if I needed a drive to the hospital, but the look on his face said “please don’t get in my car” hahaha. I told him I was fine, that my mom lived next door. After changing my clothes again, and again and again I figured I may as well just walk around with a towel in my crotch because I was running out of clean clothes. I called my mom, asked her what it felt like when your water broke…. She thought I was kidding, when I told her what happened, she said she’d be over in a few minutes to take me back to the hospital. I called the Maternity ward and told them my water broke and they told me to come back. I called Jody on the drive to the hospital to let him know it was time.
By 5:00pm, I was back in a hospital bed, waiting for another exam. This time I was 3cm dilated, was having contractions on the monitor, but not feeling them yet. I can remember freaking out that we didn’t have any names picked out for the boys yet, we had a list and I left it at home in a baby names book. I started to cry, like hardcore cry LOL. So my mom called my brother to go over to my place and get the book with the list and a few other things I needed. By 8pm I felt my first contraction. It wasn’t too bad, it made me all warm and felt like a bad period cramp, but it was tolerable. I even told mom if this is all it was, it wasn’t too bad. I kept asking for an epidural and they said they couldn’t give it to me until I was in active labor, like having contractions every 2-3 minutes. Well, they’d been pretty bad and close together and I kept asking and they kept making me wait. I was so freaking pissed. By 1130pm they finally checked my cervix again & I was 8cm dilated and screaming in pain. I’ve never felt pain like that in my life. People who compare it to menstrual cramps are on crack or something LMAO. Apparently they didn’t think that things would progress so quickly. At 12:30am on January 2nd, I finally got my epidural; it was the best thing ever! The pain went away almost instantly. The took me to the surgery room just in case I needed a c-section which is standard procedure with a multiple birth. Things kinda got groggy after that. I can remember falling asleep on and off. Mom and Jody took turns going for a nap. By 4:00am the surgeon and doctors started coming in and getting ready.
They strapped my legs into these funky boots, so I was spreading ‘em for the whole room, not that it mattered much because by the time I left the hospital, I’m sure at least 30 people had seen my va jay jay LMAO. By 4:45am there was about a dozen people in the room, doctors, nurses, a pediatrician & anesthesiologist. I started pushing and after about 15 pushes and help from a suction device William David was born at 5:02am, weighing 4lbs 15oz, and 19 ¼ inches long. I got to hold him for a few seconds before they took him to get him checked out and cleaned up. Edward Noah was born 17 minutes later, after about 12 pushes and suction, at 5:19am weighing 5lbs 4oz and 19 inches long. I didn’t get the chance to hold Edward because he was having some difficulty breathing so they took him away right away. The doctors told me I had a perfect delivery, both boys delivered vaginally and no tearing, it didn’t get much better than that. They took me back to the initial room I was in, and I had to stay there for two hours while they monitored my blood pressure. They put me in a new room at 7:30am, I still hadn’t seen the boys because they were in the nursery and I was too groggy and weak to walk on my own. I woke up at 9:30am to a nurse bringing the boys in my room to visit me. They were both breathing fine and doing really well. They just had to stay in the nursery until they hit 36 weeks as standard procedure because they needed to be on monitors. William had to go under the bili light twice over their 8 day stay at the hospital, Edward was a bit yellow in the face but didn’t need to go under the light. My recovery went really well, I was walking around that evening with only minor discomfort. I think I was more sore after I came home from the hospital LOL. So the boys were born Saturday morning, they were able to stay in my room as of Wednesday, and were able to come home the following Sunday at 8 days old.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy
Reply With Quote
February 13th, 2010, 11:32 AM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,923
Thanks for sharing - its wonderful to hear about successful vaginal deliveries.
amberbanegas likes this.
Jen, mom to Danika 6, and twins Owen & Rhys 3 (how did that happen!?!)

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0