Log In Sign Up

Seth and Serena's birth story!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2012, 11:45 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,945
Although they weren't born until Sunday, their birth story begins on Thursday, as that's when everything was set into motion.
On Thursday, I had my regular NST and appointment. The NST went well and I went to my appointment right afterward. My blood pressure was high, as it had been lately. Even though my protein was only coming up as a trace amount, the doctor decided to send me over to the hospital. So I went right over and they took some blood pressures, which were up. When I laid down, we could get them within the normal range. After being there all day, they decided to send me home on bed rest and sent me home to do another 24 hour urine collection.
Friday went well. I didn't get to rest as much as I would've liked to. I finished my urine collection midday and my husband dropped it off for me at the hospital.
Saturday morning I slept in and spent the day resting in bed. Late in the afternoon, I went downstairs and found out that my OB's office was trying to get a hold of me on both my cell phone and home phone. They were calling about my 24 hour urine and said I needed to call them back. I got in touch with them shortly after that and my urine had come back positive for protein and they wanted me to come back to the hospital. I got there around 6:30 that evening. They took my blood pressures frequently and wanted to keep me overnight for observation. My blood pressures continued to stay up and my blood work had come back as ok (not bad but not good, either).
Sunday morning, they repeated the blood work and did an ultrasound to see how they were doing. The ultrasound looked great! I was surprised to see that Serena had turned to transverse as she had been breech pretty much the whole time. Around noon, they came to tell me the decision they had made. They decided that they were going to take the babies that day, rather than wait for things to get any worse. And at over 35 weeks, they would probably just as well on the outside as they would be inside. They decided they would take me back at 3:30 to wait for my breakfast to be out of my system. I suddenly found myself extremely nervous and not ready for them to be out.
At 3:30, they gave me something really nasty to drink, saying it would make it so I wasn't sick. I'm glad that it was small, whatever it was. Then they wheeled me back to the OR. Once I got there, I just started crying and couldn't stop. They decided to let my dh come in the room. He wasn't really supposed to but with as upset as I was, I guess they figured it would be better for him to be there with me. So they started the spinal which was pretty uncomfortable and then they helped me lay down. They put that curtain up and waited for me to get completely numb. I guess at one point they pinched me pretty hard with a surgical clamp and I didn't feel a thing so they decided to get started. I was also surprised when they told me that they had already started and I had no idea. I was shaking really bad, which was one of the worst parts. The whole thing was pretty disturbing to me. A lot of tugging and pulling, the smell of burning flesh and they had to give me medicine for nausea a few times.
When they started pulling the babies out, dh was allowed to stand up and watch. Serena Corinne was born at 4:16 pm weighing in at 5 lbs, 7 oz and 20" long. Seth Daniel was born at 4:19 pm and weighed 6 lbs, 10 oz and was 19.5" long.
After they were born, they did the tubal and sewed me back together. Initially, I felt fine since I was still numb from the spinal, but once that wore off, I felt really awful! I was in so much pain. I even had a morphine pump which seemed to do nothing for me. Recovery has been a lot harder than I expected it would be but I will survive.

Here is a picture that I got of them together.

Reply With Quote
February 20th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,211
Cograts on two beautiful babies!
"If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall Thy hand lead me and Thy right hand shall guide me."

Psalm 139:9-10
Reply With Quote
February 3rd, 2014, 04:53 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Fahad Al Ahmad, Kuwait
Posts: 1,397
Such a great story! Congrats

Reply With Quote
February 4th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 493
Congratulations! Those are great sized babies for 35 weeks! Thanks for sharing your story!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0