Log In Sign Up


Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,769
I think I fit here, I have a daughter who is 19 months and DH has two other children who are 7 and 5, who live with their mom in another state.
After my daughter was born I got to 10 yr IUD because at 6 week PP I was totally certain I did not want anymore kids.
the last few months I've started talking to DH about another baby sometimes soon, he says no way.. he thinks it's a phase and I'll get over it.
I'm completely sure I want my daughter to have a sibling to grow up with( her half siblings only visit summers) I'm going in on the 12th for my yearly exam and I'm going to take my IUD out, I'm gonna tell DH that it's up to him for BC. I'm *Hoping* he has an oopsie and we can have a baby by next fall

Reply With Quote
October 8th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Auburn, PA
Posts: 137
Welcome and good luck! I don't think it is a phase I have terrible baby fever but have decided for financial reasons to wait til next fall My son is 16 months old and I think when they enter the toddler stage that both your daugther and my son are in that is when baby fever starts

Reply With Quote
October 8th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 10
Unless there are financial reasons present that make it so you should wait to have a child, I would say have the kid, just be yourself, and do what you want to do.
Reply With Quote
October 8th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,769
yes, once she started being more independent and becoming this little person it hit, I'm not sure what his reasons for no more are, except maybe that he thinks its easier doing things with just one, I've looked at our insurance and it covers everything but 10% I plan to CD and try to BF a second child to help cut down costs, I'm pretty frugal when it comes to clothes and toys and buy second hand a lot. We would have to buy another crib which would be 100$ and If we were had the baby in the fall after my stepkids are back at their moms we wouldn't have to buy a bigger vehicle until they visit again the following summer which is when our car will be paid off anyway so we wouldn't have two car payments. He has said he doesn't want to pay for 4 colleges and such but since there will be such an age gap between his first two and ours I don't think that would be a big issue, not to mention I plan on drilling it into my children that if they want to go to college they need scholarships or they'll be working their way through college, they can go to community college then a university, or they may want to do beauty school or technical school, there is always a way to make it work. I know we can may it work, I just hope he see's my view and comes around.

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0