VeryQuick test from dollar tree??

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Citygirl
Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2015, 09:06 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any experience with them, so I'm not sure. I wonder, though, if maybe they are less sensitive than the other one. I know that First Response brand has an "early result" test that's designed to be used up to 6 days before your period, and it's very sensitive, but the line might take up to 10 minutes to show up. They also have a "rapid result" test that is designed to be used on the day of your missed period (or after), and the line is supposed to show up within a minute. But it's less sensitive than the "early result" test. So the name of that one ("very quick") makes me wonder if it's the same way...line comes up quickly, but overall less sensitive and not to be used before a missed period.

Anyone else know?

December 11th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
I don't have any experience with them, so I'm not sure. I wonder, though, if maybe they are less sensitive than the other one. I know that First Response brand has an "early result" test that's designed to be used up to 6 days before your period, and it's very sensitive, but the line might take up to 10 minutes to show up. They also have a "rapid result" test that is designed to be used on the day of your missed period (or after), and the line is supposed to show up within a minute. But it's less sensitive than the "early result" test. So the name of that one ("very quick") makes me wonder if it's the same way...line comes up quickly, but overall less sensitive and not to be used before a missed period.

Anyone else know?
Hmm what you said got me thinking Kimberly. Does FRER have a pink box and the rapid result one orange? We have them here but with a different name? Maybe it's the European version? They are called Predictor tests & they are just like you described. Predictor and predictor express. Lol

December 11th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsy1 View Post
Hmm what you said got me thinking Kimberly. Does FRER have a pink box and the rapid result one orange? We have them here but with a different name? Maybe it's the European version? They are called Predictor tests & they are just like you described. Predictor and predictor express. Lol
I don't think the rapid result box is orange...I think it's pink also. But I googled the predictor and predictor express, and I think it's definitely along the same lines as the early result and the rapid result with the First Response tests.

December 11th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ive used both for my last bfp. I actually used VeriQuick, New Choice, FRER, FR Rapid response, equate, CB digi, and wondfo (i had to make sure haha). Veri Quick showed my positive quicker at 13dpo than New Choice at 14dpo. Wondfo and FRER showed 1st (9dpo). FR rapid response showed later (i realized that its meant to give you a quick response after your missed period). I liked Veriquick over New Choice. My betas started out low (hence the Ectopic)
TTC #2 (6/2015): Sept 2015 - EP @ 5 weeks, lost right tube
Mar 2016 - EP, MTX
July 2016 - CP
IVF - Jan/Feb 2017
ER (2/2)- 14 retrieved ALL mature; 12 fertilized normally
ET (2/7) - xfer 1 5AA blast, 8 5AA/5AB frozen
BFP @ 3.5dp5dt **Stick Baby Stick***
1st Beta (2/21) ): 3768!!!2nd Beta (2/23): 7313!!!U/S (3/3): 1 Bop @ 111bpm! U/S (3/13): 150bpm Baby Boy Due Date: 10/26/17

Last edited by Chelnae6; December 11th, 2015 at 10:07 PM.
December 11th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelnae6 View Post
I actually used VeriQuick, New Choice, FRER, FR Rapid response, equate, CD digi, and wondfo
I love it! Lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search