Hi Mommies! here are some gift ideas for toddlers this Christmas.

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2018, 02:21 AM
Well, guys, Christmas is just around the corner. Do have any gift ideas for your toddlers now?

Here are some ideas that might help your dilemma:

1. Coloring Books

Let your child marvel at the wonders of coloring and enter the world of creativity. Suitable for all age groups including older adults, coloring books are something my kids always enjoy. Aside from boosting their creativity, coloring books keep my children busy and buzzing with joy during the winter season. Try gifting these yourself and see your child’s imagination come to life.

2. Mini Kitchen Sets

If your family is anything like mine, you spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking and laughing together. When I need a moment for myself, I find that mini kitchen sets are life savers! Most of the kitchen sets come with all the tools your kids need to cook an imaginary feast. A pretend kitchen is a great way to encourage toddlers to interact with one another as they play and pretend to cook together. Pretend play helps promote social and emotional development in early childhood. Also, it is fun for them and less of a mess for parents to clean up than a real kitchen. That is a win-win situation.

3. Puzzles

Puzzles are a great gift for a child of any age. Since they can be put together and torn apart, again and again, they are the perfect gift to last all year long. Puzzles also help to build problem-solving skills and they aid in spatial learning. They also help with sequencing and identifying shapes and patterns, and did I mention they keep your little one occupied so you can get things done?

4. Magnetic Drawing Boards

There’s nothing better than sitting my son down in his favorite chair and watching him get busy and creative. Just as great is a long quiet car ride with my daughter as she uses her magnetic board to recreate things she sees out the window. Magnetic drawing boards are kid-friendly and ultra-portable, and they stir up young imaginations and creativity. Electronic Magnetic Drawing boards feature a stylus that is pressure-sensitive and develops fine-control, which makes this ideal for young want-to-be artists. It is a gift that is good for you and good for them!

5. Plushies

There’s no such thing as too many stuffed animals; kids love them. Even if your little one has a ton of stuffed animals, there’s always room for more. Stuffed animals are a great way to engage toddlers in pretend play. Add a teddy bear to the collection and have a tea party, the more, the merrier. A toddler’s world is a blissful place when their plushie, a Christmas gift you gave them, is near.

6. Doctor Sets

Your adorable little toddler, AKA future surgeon, will love a Doctor Set as a Christmas Gift. My kids learned the basics of first aid, played Surgeon and Patient together, and even let me join in on the fun. When you allow them to take a doctor’s role, they become less intimidated about going to the doctor. Less anxiety is always a good thing for your youngster. Doctors sets are great Christmas gift ideas for toddlers of various ages!

7. Building Blocks

Building blocks are a classic toy and a great idea for a Christmas gift for your toddler. Building blocks feature colorful pictures and funny shapes to facilitate fun and learning at the same time. I like the blocks, like Legos that come with specific instructions to build a masterpiece. But the free play ones allow them to use their spatial skills to construct anything their minds can think up. They are the perfect gift to bring out the inner engineer in any child.

8. Hot Wheels

My little toddler went crazy when he opened his Hot Wheels cars. Hot Wheel cars are the best gift to give a toddler on your Christmas list. They have been around forever for a reason. Since they are small and compact, they fit perfectly in your little one’s hands. And they travel well. Hot Wheels also has a ton of accessories to take on the go, which is great for me when we have doctor’s appointments. Also, because they have been around for nearly a half a century, there are endless car lines to collect.

9. Swing and Slide Sets

My kids love to go outside and play on the swings. Of course, in the winter this becomes more difficult. That is why getting an indoor swing or slide set during the Holiday season is an excellent choice. Sometimes, I sit on the couch, sip my coffee, and smile at the joyful babble coming from my kids as they play their favorite outdoor game inside. Not only does it reduce screen time in our home, but it also encourages my kids to stay active even during the cold winter months!

10. Play Houses

Playhouses are an excellent choice for Christmas. My kids take on the role of parents, imitate the things my husband and I talk to them about and play for hours. Playhouses stimulate imaginative play, which is highly critical to build problem-solving skills and to improve social skills too. They allow your little ones to explore every corner of the house without getting into any trouble like they do the real house!

11. Gardening Sets

A garden set is an excellent Christmas gift because your child can learn about the joys of gardening in the winter, and then put their skills to use a few months later when Spring hits. I’ve seen my kids’ curiosity spike as they play and let their imagination run wild. Gardening sets are also great for hand-eye coordination as kids learn to manipulate the soil, dig, and plant seeds. You can start your seedlings early Spring indoors and transfer them out. While growing, you can teach them all about science terms and do your little experiment!

12. Remote Control Cars

What kid doesn’t love a remote control car? Remote controlled cars have changed dramatically since I was a child! The cars today have all sorts of bells and whistles. If you want to take it to the skies, a remote control drone is an awesome Christmas gift idea for toddlers. The best part is that Dad will love playing with it too so that it will foster a little “Daddy time.”

Christmas is the best time for you to engage your kids with educational toys that may help them to enhance their developmental needs. What do you think guys?

Tags
christmas gift ideas, early childhood, toddlers

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search