Is my 2 year old normal?

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2019, 05:03 AM
Hi guys! Iím new here. I was looking online for other people with my same issue. I have a 2 and a half year old. To make the story short. Basically he stayed at home with me up until 2 months ago, which I started a new job and decided to send him to daycare full time 8am-5pm. Thatís usually how you do it in the US unfortunately unless you have other better options. Anyway, his behavior DEFINITELY changed when he went to daycare. Which we expected and weíve read that itís normal Bc of all the attention heís not getting anymore and itís all new and a shock to him. Happily, his teachers are awesome and he got used to it in only a week! Heís still adjusting now. And thatís where my issue comes, heís not playing with the kids. I mean he plays but doesnít pass toys And stuff with other kids he just plays in the same group. He follows the teachers around ALL day long. I donít understand why heís doing this and Iím really starting to get worried. But at the same time heís extremely normal. He hasnít a 7 year old sister (husbands first kid) when I didnít work she stayed with us almost every day, now we barely see her only on the weekends, and they play all day!! His sister used to be shy when she was younger too but she did play with other kids if you pushed her a little.. and she always enjoyed daycare. I donít know many other kids to compare it and I donít want to compare him either. Is this normal? The teachers told me thatís maybe Bc heís still fairly new but I really want him to start socializing with other kids. Also heís very meticulous. He doesnít like dirty hands, I think that has to do with me always freaking out when he would get dirty maybe? I just think itís odd that a 2 year old doesnít like to get dirty without freaking out. But itís just the smallest things, like if he fell in the mud he wouldnít say anything but if a piece of rice fell of his fork, or if he got a dot of marker on his hands he wants it washed inmediately. Iím cosidering bringing him to a therapist for the not playing with kids, being meticulous, and the bad behavior at home (not at school). Any suggestions? Thank you!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search