Staying home Sick

Forum: Moms of Preschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Preschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2009, 06:42 AM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
What are your preschool's rules about being sick and staying home?

Is it excused or unexcused if you don't see a doctor?

I've got Vanessa home from Pre-K today. She was up coughing all night and woke up looking a mess! Red stuffy nose, major chapped lips!

Our school has an "excused" policy since the threat of Swine Flu. They have lifted the "perfect attendance" award to make sure that parents don't send sick kids to school. If kids are out for more than two days in a row I think that you'd need a doctor's note but a day is OK.

I will admit...I'm liking have her here with me today. Not liking her sick...but it's kind of nice to have her all to myself.

September 28th, 2009, 10:37 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Interesting! Ben's old PS didn't have any rules like that. They figured we were paying for it anyway, we'd show up if we didn't want to pay for nothing. They did have the 24 hrs w/o fever rule that just about everyone has, though. Diarrhea was allowed if the reason was a side effect of antibiotics.
September 28th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
We don't need a doctor's note or anything like that. There are rules as to how long a child has to stay at home depending on what is wrong with them, but the main rule is to phone in before 9:15 to say a child isn't going to be in pre-school that day.
October 7th, 2009, 08:51 AM
** Mandy **
What are your preschool's rules about being sick and staying home? If they experience vomiting or have a fever they are supposed to go home and stay home until the symptoms are gone for 24 hrs.

Is it excused or unexcused if you don't see a doctor? I don't know if they have an official policy on this or not, I've never experienced it being enforced. One time when Ally was younger they said they thought she had pink eye and needed to see a doctor and not return until it was no longer contagious so I took her to the doctor but it was nothing so I returned her to school the next day letting them know what the doctor said but they didn't ask for any proof from the doctor or anything.

October 11th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Makuahine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It depends.. For me one day is ok.. But like the OP, two days is a required doctors excuse. Andrew has been sick for the past couple of days.. He did see a doctor and while they did not give me a doctors excuse to keep him home.. Andrew needing a round of antibiotics for 7-10 days does make me wanna keep him home. I would hate to expose any other child to the virus.

***Thank you ~Vicki~ for the awesome siggy***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search