My update on testing results....

• Everything came back negative for cancer I have a condition called Adenomysis so I have lots of decisions to weigh, but it's so much better than the alternative. I go back on Aug. 15 to talk about what I want to do so I have plenty of time
  • Re: My update on testing results....
    Whoa, I missed this. Thank goodness it's not cancer! But this doesn't sound pleasant. What are your options?
    Leave it and deal with the symptoms until menopause when it normally goes away (not really an option)
    BCP until menopause
    Hysterectomy (this is the actual only cure, the BCP just helps symptoms--mainly the bleeding issue)
    Glad you got this news, and that you have some time to think about your options. One of my coworkers was dealing with this. Tried some options before having a vaginal hysterectomy, which she said was not bad at all and is so glad she chose to do so. But...her daughter is grown & she definately was not considering ever using her uterus again.
    wow, so glad it's not cancer, but sorry you're going through this all the same ((hugs))
    We are done having children, so my concerns with the hysterectomy are the surgery itself and what happens after
    I'm glad to hear there is no cancer issue. Sorry about the adenomysis though. I have stage IV endometriosis and have suffered with that since puberty (although I wasn't diagnosed until about 20 years ago). The two are very similar in symptoms, risks and treatments so I can totally relate with what you're going through. I've been able to manage my endo pain with birth control, so I'm lucky. A hysterectomy is so drastic and I would really only recommend it as a very last resort, IMO. It may be worth trying BC first and see if that helps at all.
    So glad to hear it's not cancer! Good luck with your decision!
    Oh Valerie I'm sooo relieved that it's not cancer and you finally got your answers. I suffer from endometriosis as well - discomfort like that is no fun. At least you have some options to weigh! Good luck with your decision.