Generic favorite?

Forum: Moms of Preschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Preschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2017, 12:56 AM
hello everyone,TL;DR do you on any level favor your own genetic child?

I am a young adult woman who likes women. The further I get in life without being romantically captivated by a man, the more I'm doubting the 'traditional' path is for me. The main inconvenience with this is that I do want to have children and have a family but am worried about the logistics of it.

If me and my wife both have a child from the same donor (or a diff donors) I'm worried that there won't be that certain genetic cohesion in our family. I'm worried that I will subconsciously have a stronger attachment to the child I carry, and she would to the child she carries.

I guess I feel like although it may not be who I am, that somehow it's important to have the m f cohesion in the baby. And how special it would be for a baby to tie you two together genetically. To have her this and her(his) that. I just wonder how lesbians in perhaps certain indigenous cultures, where there was space for them were fulfilled in this way. I feel like there must be a way! Even if it is currently forgotten from the mainstream knowledge.

Oh also I want to come right out and say just like I believe humans have no future on mars, so too I believe there is no future in same sex genetic reproduction. Sorry (to myself I guess) but that is not an area I feel comfortable leaving up to artificial Frankenstein-esque experiments. Feel free to disagree with me.
But anyways do you favor your genetic child? Or do you know where I might be able to find more info about this topic?

Thanks
Noobe

Last edited by Noobe; December 21st, 2017 at 01:02 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search