Any other four year olds playing soccer?

Forum: Moms of Preschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Preschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2006, 06:37 AM
stormy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My oldest daughter plays soccer. She has been playing since kindergarten. My four year old wants to play and they do have a league for her in town but I am afraid that she is going to get hurt. She is smaller than most four year olds. I was thinking of waiting till she is in kindergarten like I her big sisters. I was wondering how many other moms of four year old have their children playing soccer this year. What is the difference in the game? Here they have the groups divided up U6 so she would be on a team with children 6 and under. I don't know if I want her to play with six year olds. They are a little more advance in their motor skills than a four year old. I think they need a league of their own. Like all 4 year olds.
November 12th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I agree with you that it should be all 4 year olds. There is no way I would have let my son play soccer with 6 year olds when he was 4 (he's 5 now). We're thinking about putting out son in Karate sometime after the new year, but it's still something I would have to look into and see about. Not sure I'd be comfortable with him doing contact sports at this age honestly. Maybe you could go to one of the practices and see how the 6 year olds treat the 4 year olds before making a decision? Good luck!
November 14th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Alison81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My boyfriend's ex wife signed their 4 year old up for soccer this summer, and he was definitely wayy too young. All the kids on the league were in kindergarten, and I think he was a little intimidated because they were faster, bigger, and knew more. He didn't want to play AT ALL, and just sat on the side lines. Definitely too advanced for him. I also think they should have an all 4 year old league, or maybe even a preschool league.

Thank you AlexKatieAiden Mommy for my siggy!
November 15th, 2006, 06:11 AM
lynaiah2002's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My daughter wants to, really wants to, play. She keeps asking me if she can, but unfortunately she started getting into it after the deadline to sign up but if she's still interested she's going to play next year
November 18th, 2006, 07:35 AM
*ScrappyMom*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The town I live in, you HAVE to be in kindergarten to play soccer. Anson was crushed, but we'll put him in next year. I think that he's too little for it rightnow anyway. A friend of mine, her little girl is kindergarten & plays soccer, but she's huge!!! She's 5 but looks like she's 7 (her 2 year old son is as big as Anson). When kids are that young, they don't realize how big they are & don't realize that just brushingpast someone will hurt them.

Custom crochet hats for you & your little ones!
Check out my FB Group!!

November 21st, 2006, 08:30 PM
My son is 4 and I put him in soccer at the start of this year. The season's over here now. Anyway, it was a group of only 4 year olds and he absolutely loved it.
November 22nd, 2006, 10:51 AM
3Xblessed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my kids missed the cut off this for fall but over the summer they were in a soccer clinic for little ones and my ds had a blast (dd didn't like it because she got all sweaty). We will sign them up for spring soccer this year (they will be 4.5) but the team is only made up of 4 yr olds.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search