Thought we had an ER trip coming today

Forum: Moms of Preschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Preschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2007, 08:29 PM
I Smile Because Of Them's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last night Jordon was whining in his sleep....well, half awake sometimes, other times he came out while I was on here crying to me his foot hurt. We're almost done with dealing with his warts {thank God!!} so they're still wrapped with medicine on them. Dh must have wrapped them a bit too tight, so I had to make them more loose. Not too long after that he came out complaining again....I kept telling him I couldn't do anything more...felt so bad for him...but then I couldn't help but wonder if he was having a bad dream or what? He'll talk in his sleep a lot & if you go to wake him a bit, he'll still be half asleep as he's talking to you. So this goes on for over an hour...so not normal for him at all. Finally he quit for a bit so I layed down. Not even a half hour later I wake up to him next to my bed...scared the living crap out of me...he never comes in our room for anything...he never gets up. He was crying so hard He said his pinky toe hurt...odd...that's not one of the toes that has the warts on them....dh touched it & it was burning up & he screamed when he wiggled it a bit, telling him it felt like he was breaking it off. I couldn't understand what was wrong...I asked if he had stubbed it earlier in the day or maybe he hit it on his desk since he rolls SO much while sleeping {he doesn't like to sleep on his bed, he prefers the floor} he said no. He even asked us to take him to the doctor...so I knew something was bugging him...I gave him Motrin & he went back to sleep...thankfully for the night. This morning when he woke up {at 11...wow, he sure made up for lost sleep!} I asked if it still hurt....he had to think about what I was talking about for a minute....like he didn't remember. I know it was hurting him...he doesn't cry or scream like that unless he's in horrific pain....but then I think he was half asleep...but he didn't look as if he was. Our ped. is away this week, so if it was still hurting we would have had to make an ER trip....thank goodness we didn't have to. Just thought it was weird.....

So that's my story for the day

June 29th, 2007, 09:20 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
Dang, that is weird! Poor boy! Did you look to see if maybe a string from the bandage had wrapped around it??

One time, Bryce came home from daycare (this was a good 5 years ago) and said "Mommy, my penis hurts." I was a single parent at the time, so I had NO IDEA what to do for this ailment! OMG! I called every man I knew and finally his dad called back and asked me to ask Bryce where it hurt or something like that. I did, and his description was "it feels like there is a stick in it." OOOOHHHH MYYYY GOOODDDD! First of all, how would he know what it felt like with a stick in it??? And secondly, how was I supposed to know what to do with that! So my ex husband told him to go pee. He did and it was all better. To this day, I have NO IDEA what that was all about.

Sorry for the strange story - my way of saying "kids are just weird sometimes!"
June 30th, 2007, 07:45 AM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's so odd. I'm glad you didn't have to deal with the ER.

And the "stick" thing....yet another reason I'm glad right now that I have girls and can figure things out since I'm a female too.

Yep, kids are weird. But we love them.

June 30th, 2007, 10:43 AM
I Smile Because Of Them's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Dang, that is weird! Poor boy! Did you look to see if maybe a string from the bandage had wrapped around it??

One time, Bryce came home from daycare (this was a good 5 years ago) and said "Mommy, my penis hurts." I was a single parent at the time, so I had NO IDEA what to do for this ailment! OMG! I called every man I knew and finally his dad called back and asked me to ask Bryce where it hurt or something like that. I did, and his description was "it feels like there is a stick in it." OOOOHHHH MYYYY GOOODDDD! First of all, how would he know what it felt like with a stick in it??? And secondly, how was I supposed to know what to do with that! So my ex husband told him to go pee. He did and it was all better. To this day, I have NO IDEA what that was all about.

Sorry for the strange story - my way of saying "kids are just weird sometimes!" [/b]

Oh man...poor kid! Oh what I wouldn't give to be in their minds for a day. So glad he was better after he peed! Jordon complains that "his thing is sticking to himself" {his words } when it gets out out...oh boy Yeah, we checked the toe for any strings or any indication something might be wrong. It was so weird.

June 30th, 2007, 11:20 AM
M4NE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor baby!! When I first read the title to this thread, I thought...Who stuck something up their nose?? LOL....Looks like Mikey is still the only one to do that!

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"></MARQUEE>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search