Frustrating Problem

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Hello ladies! First off please excuse my newbie self...I hopped on here after getting diddly squat from my own mom on how to handle a rather frustrating situation.

Although not a mother myself (honestly, not sure how people handle it at times, I'd be lost..). I do babysit for a five year old neighbor quite frequently, and have been since he was about 18 months or so.

With a bit of help from myself (can't take all the credit!) he was pretty much entirely daytime PT's right around his second birthday. However, he's always had trouble at night.

Recently he's been doing a lot better, and we're down to two accidents a week now. However, for quite a while now we've been having another issue that has me completely baffled.

Very frequently, when he wakes up in the morning or after a nap and HASN'T had an incident, what will often happen is he springs out of bed needing to go very, very suddenly. What usually occurs when this happens is a mad rush to the bathroom, which is quite close to his bedroom and even closer in my house when he stays over here. 90% of the time, this usually results in an accident before he can actually make it to the bathroom in time. I've witnessed this happen a TON of times, and every time he complains of the same thing I mentioned before (waking up having to go, right away).

I'm at a loss at how to handle this... and I feel doubly bad because it's a kid I care deeply about and have known literally since he was born. I have him try to go before naps and bedtime every single time, and have even tried limiting fluids, but the problem just won't go away.

Any suggestions??

EDIT- I completely forgot to mention, he does usually go to bed in a diaper/pull up. He usually didn't wear them for naps, just at night. But after dealing with this issue for a while he's been sticking with a pull up for naps too. Not so much for the bedwetting issue, but more for the carpet/hallways sake when he wakes up.

Last edited by LaurenTango; April 24th, 2014 at 06:27 PM.
May 23rd, 2014, 11:02 AM
Lauran,

I totally understand what you are going through. I can tell you from my experience with my two little ones, I literally had to give them no water for about 1.5 hours before bed. I would give them a sip just before they went to bed and that's it. I would also make them pee at least 3 times in that period, one being right before bed. That worked 98% of the time. Sometimes it just happens and there's nothing you can do about it. But this worked for my 2 kiddos. There's a site, simplypottytrain.com, that has a free ebook on bedwetting and it also has a 3 day potty training method (which may also help with that bedwetting). I found it when I had problems potty training my son so I researched online how to potty train a girl when I had my daughter. This site had my daughter potty trained in just under 3 days (she was just over 2 years old) and about 4 months later she was out of pull-ups because she was never peeing at nighttime! Check it out. The 3 day method is guaranteed with a 100% money back. So, it's definitely worth it. Maybe suggest it to the mother of the child. Good luck!!!

Last edited by adias9684; May 23rd, 2014 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Mispelt word

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search