4YO DS refuses to be trained! Any help is welcome!

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2019, 03:39 PM
Hello, I joined because I am about ready to pull my hair out with regards to potty training my DS. DS turned four last month and being ready for the potty is nowhere in sight. My husband and I have put him in Pull-Ups and Gerber trainers, we’ve tried stickers, we’ve tried treats...nothing seems to be working; he just has no interest. After trying for about four months after his third birthday and following one really bad accident at the grandparents’, we went back to diapers and that’s where we still are.

I’ve taken him to his pediatrician, and he says DS is healthy and just a late bloomer with regards to toilet training. He is so smart in so many things: he talks up a storm, he loves playing with his legos and cars, he’s big into painting, makes friends...he just never wants to stop to use the potty.

He’ll rarely even tell me he’s gone; if we’re about to go run errands or the park he might, but if he’s in the middle of play or watching cartoons, he won’t say a peep. DS rarely gives any signs, especially with wetting; I’ve caught him squatting in his room for #2, but other times he very discrete. When he visits my parents’ ranch and he’s goes a while between changes, he sometimes gets rashy and even THAT doesn’t make him walk away from diapers.

So far, we’ve held off on preschool, but eventually, kindergarten will be on the horizon. I don’t want to be THAT parent. Whether he’s in cloth or disposable, nothing fazes him. I should have bought stock in Huggies the day he was born.

Between my sister griping about having to change and wipe his rear when he spends the night, and the pressures of society to get him trained, I’m at a loss. What can I do to make it happen?!? HELP!
March 28th, 2019, 11:24 PM
Angiieee's Avatar Regular
I have an 18 month old son who I will be potty training soon so my MIL told me to do the "bubbles trick". She had all boys and said it worked with all of them.

She would put a little dish soap in the toilet and would tell her sons "lets go make bubbles" they would get so excited because every time they peed in the toilet, they got to see it fill up with bubbles.

Maybe try that?

Tags
diaper, four-year-old, potty training boys

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search